Custom cable gallery

Actually Shure makes the 1540 with MMCX connectors, so there are Headphones you can use with such a cable and not just IEM’s.

That’s mainly what I would assume they would be for, but still with iems it would be pretty funny

They are great fun with IEM’s, so no problem there!

1 Like

Works well for the P1s. Cable is softer and more flexible than it looks, after the y split. IMO, works just as well and just as comfortable as the “more appropriate” braided cables.
These are the Hart Audio cables, mind you, don’t have the pariapt ones to compare.

7 Likes

Nice!
It looks like mine, I just don’t have the connector to lock the cables.

(And I use the Monolith as Dac/Amp as well :+1: )

=D

4 Likes

Nice!!!

17,18,19,20 characters

1 Like

Nice, the connectors look larger than the p1’s lol. How well do they fit in your ears? Wouldn’t those thick cables weigh them down? Haha

Nah. Not that thick. They work really well. Herea a comparison to a braided cable.

1 Like

Cool, in that case it seems like the soft cables might actually feel better than the narrow / sharp braided cables on the ears?

Comfort is good on both IMO. Hart cable leta me use the P1s balanced more easily though. And its a longer cable which makes it better for use with a desktop amp.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I didn’t want to start a separate thread for such a basic question

How do I know if an IEM cable is balanced or unbalanced? One of these is apparently balanced, one is single-ended

vs

Or is it just if it’s a 4.4 connector on an IEM, it’s balanced?

If it’s a 4.4mm connector, that is a balanced cable.

1 Like

https://components101.com/connectors/35mm-audio-jack

1 Like

Thanks! I guess the phrase “4.4 balanced” got stuck in my head to mean as opposed to “4.4 [single-ended]”

Not the fanciest over here, but one of the more affordable custom options available over here. Most important factor was the length and getting rid of Sennheisers horrible stock HD600 cable.

Veclan custom cable: 2pin Sennheiser to 6.3mm single ended, 1.5m long and all around black sleeving.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Nice!
Ordered last week another custom adapter who fits my custom braided balanced Elegia cable from oidio
How do you like it so far?

JT makes great cables :+1: takes a while to get made up though lol…I use the se one for my tube driven 660s’s and have a balanced one for my Phantoms…

2 Likes

haha yes he does
the purple theme is strong with some audio folks and I like it too - maybe I give it a try with the next purchase

This is the balanced petrol/gunmetal/black braided without splitter cable for my Elegia+ XLR to 3.5TRRS adapter from JT

1 Like