Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO335Is

Ok I screwed up the name can you blame me CKLVX sorry

Maybe I asked too many questions they are not responding to my request for more information.

2 Likes

Nice looking cable, and faceplate. Hopefully that discounted price sticks aroundā€¦and itā€™s, you know, good.

3 Likes

:waning_crescent_moon: :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

:new_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

ā€œDoscinco features cutting-edge 2DD subwoofers arranged in an isobaric configuration, revolutionizing the IEM marketā€

Is it, though?

Doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t sound good, but Ziigaat really goes in for the hard sellā€¦

1 Like

Maybe it would have been easier to sell if they had released ā€œDoscincoā€ before H2,H4. I didnā€™t see FR anywhere, which is a mistake. I guess itā€™s a more ā€œbudgetā€ version of Thieaudio IEM. I donā€™t know if itā€™s a revolution, but Thieaudio didnā€™t set out to revolutionize the price point.
A revolution for the price point is the DTE900, but their new flagship is brutally expensive, which is a huge miss because people buy Sound Rhyme a for price/performance, not brand. But they knowā€¦
If you own a DTE900, then owning other IEMs loses its meaning. Maybe only the IE600 is worth having, but Iā€™m not sure. Phenomenal detail extraction and the highest level of layering. The images are out of this world. I donā€™t know how they did it, really. :milky_way:

6 Likes

Hype series and ZiiGaat need to stop using the word as do we isobaric because it is not. 2 drivers firing into each other and ported out a sound tube is just 2 drivers coupled together to make bass.

Isobaric configuration is either a push push configuration or a push pull configuration in seperate chambers to offset driver flex and distrortion and or reduce volume chamber requirements.

Just like Harman tuned was a incorrectly used buzzword in 2023 so is isobaric.

The only known true Isobaric configuration so far implemented in a IEM was 64 Audioā€™s Volur.

4 Likes

im fairly certain that coaxial types counts as isobaric. Like the Dunu Vulkan. If not then the old Dunu DN-2002 and the DM-480 uses Isobaric.

Source: Dunu

3 Likes

Watch the vid please unless the drivers are in seperate chambers there is no usable effect to control drivers movement, their small parameters and sound.

I used to work for a speaker manufacturer and build these systems and these companies throwing around these terms makes me cringe.

The more everyone gets educated the more we can call out these manufacturers.

5 Likes

aa right, then coaxials are not isobaric then. But the DN-2002 and DM-480 are.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t find anything about thier actual driver configuration maybe they are?

1 Like

2 Likes

DM-480

DN-2002

3 Likes

Sure looks like a push push system hard to tell. :sunglasses: Thanks if so DUNU was ahead of the game!

3 Likes

Yeah, DN-2002 is from 2016 afaik. Ancient chifi brand.

2 Likes

Main diference Hype 4 VS Hype 2?

Anybody know what this thing looks like on the inside?

1 Like

5 Likes

(sorry I had to)

8 Likes