Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

3 Likes

1 Like

Softears driver?

I think so.

1 Like

3 Likes

Hype2 looks like the better tuned out of the 2?

3 Likes

Yes. And this is my opinion. Considering that technically I guess they are almost the same. The H2 for $270 on sale is a steal. But someone will prefer H4 because it is closer to Mon MK3. Personally, I avoid blown treble. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Who is interested!

:wink: :milky_way: :fire:

The review may have small additions, but in general that’s it. :notes: :beers:

5 Likes

Unreal many details and a huge soundstage. I feel like I’ve been deaf until now… Purple world. :notes: :milky_way: :milky_way: :milky_way:

For those who haven’t read the review :nerd_face:.

1 Like

:blush:

5 Likes

After the slam dunk H4, and hearing the sound demo (I know, grain of salt etc.) I had to order Hype 10 as well :sweat_smile:

Needless to say, I am hyped 🫨

5 Likes

:crazy_face: :notes:
I guess the H10 will be a monster…

giphy (1)

4 Likes

For those interested:

H10 is looking big and burly, indeed!

5 Likes

:rocket:

9 Likes

Isobaric, kinetic or just Thie:

4 Likes

It is very easy to test resolution and techs with Richardson. In A/B/C test results are:

Test quality bass:
DTE900 > IE600 > H2
Test quаntity bass:
H2 > DTE900 > IE600
Test fast transients
DTE900 = IE600 > H2
Test soundstage:
DTE900>IE600>H2
Test comfortable:
H2>DTE900>IE600
Test guitar performance
DTE900 = IE600 >H2

Total technical performance:
DTE900 > IE600 > H2
I hope the H10 will at least beat the IE 600, because with the DTE900 it will be difficult for him :nerd_face:

:fire: :milky_way: :notes:

5 Likes

10 Likes

How do you find the bass on the H10? Heard rumors of it being the bassier brother of the Hype series. But based on your graphs, it might not be?

On these graphs, it appears that the H2 has brutal bass, which is actually booming in my head :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s maybe bassier by extension of upper mids and lower treble being not as pronounced compared to Hype 2/4. Otherwise if you were to just run a sine sweep <1000 Hz, I don’t think anyone would be able to really tell which one is which.

Edit: Here’s something else to add more context to the Hype series

5 Likes