Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

this is basically non-negotiable for me, it’s become a badge of “I know I’m getting it at least within this week”

2 Likes

That’s fair. I’ve found that a newly released IEM usually doesn’t go prime eligible right away, but eventually they do if they’re offered in Linsoul or HiFiGo. Sometimes it takes some will power to wait and fight through the FOMO but it’s worth it lol

3 Likes

yeah I lost that fight, ended up buying the Hades before it went prime lol

1 Like

I’ve had that happen, and emailed them a couple times with a “yo what’s going on here” and then they got on it. They were responsive to emails at least.

@domq422 I don’t know about the US, but over here, it’s a little more pricey on amazon and so I go through the wait and free shipping I can get with Linsoul (only place I’ve ever ordered from). Like John mentions, I’m never quite sure where their chifi inventory is stored when I order from Amazon so don’t believe the delivery times. I’d rather have direct contact with the seller in that way.

2 Likes

That’s totally fair, here in the US, most of the time at least, prices are the same as the official sites so there’s no downside. Where the inventory is stored is beyond me, honestly. All I know is that when Amazon offers Prime that delivery date is pretty rock solid. When it isn’t honored, they offer coupons most of the time for future purchases. I’d much rather wait 2-5 days for Prime even if it’s late, than to wait 3 weeks… I’m not the best with waiting lol

3 Likes

You’re waiting either way, but at least waiting for Prime you aren’t hamstrung with something you bought and paid for, without promise of receipt.

Waiting with an idea of when you’ll really get the item, before being charged is better than the pay upfront and “we promise you’ll get it” crap

4 Likes

DTE 900s are as invincible as Chuck Norris :nerd_face:
giphy

1 Like

Agreed. I can wait out the FOMO, but waiting for a paid item gives me anxiety, much rather save the cash and see if the FOMO wears off, too. That’s another benefit of waiting for that Prime eligibility.

A month later and a new item comes out, making me completely forget about last months flavor of the week.

3 Likes

Indeed, peak for me is the Shozy Form 1.1, I ordered from Linsoul.com during the Christmas sale. still hasn’t shipped. Granted that seems more like Shozy from what I can tell.

3 Likes

Waiting for the EA1000, which is stuck somewhere on the track :nerd_face:
!

:grinning:

6 Likes

my sister doesn’t mince words if she thinks the iems suck and it gives me big sad

2 Likes

TSMR FEAT

Driver : 2 Balanced armature + 2 Dynamic driver

2 x 8mm dynamic driver hollow coaxial carbon element diaphragm for low-frequency

2 x Knowles balanced armature for mid & high frequency

Impedance : 10 ohm

Sensitivity : 104dB

Frequency response range : 10 ~ 20kHz

3 Likes

My ability to hear above 10k is a joke to them??

5 Likes

Always makes me think the people who tune some of these IEMs must be of the older sort. No way they are in their 20s or 30s and like no upper end extension… Right??

3 Likes

In fact, it should be the opposite. People of the older type should give more treble because they won’t hear it if the tuning is like that. :grinning: For me though, this treble extension isn’t bad, I don’t like whistling highs.:wink::eyes:

5 Likes

That’s a fair assessment to make, but if they can’t hear it altogether it won’t matter to them :joy: So they would have to tune it by graph, rather than by ear alone. But as you say, treble extension is about preference anyways. I’m sensitive to mids, whilst love my big bass and details up top :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

2 Likes

One of the EJ07m resin options looked like that, nice!

1 Like

That would be the opposite us old folks need more treble.

TSMR are going for the KZ approach with multiple tunings see what sticks.

Halo was also rolled off RGG was perfect :ok_hand: And X looks like a shoutfest

2 Likes

2 Likes