Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

That is quite dissapointing then, considering they are calling the year of the dragon edition, which is only once every 12 years…

6 Likes

Dont worry Riku just wait for another 12 years if chifi still exists by then :{

2 Likes

Dam I should give dte900 a look

4 Likes

7 Likes

giphy
:nerd_face:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Just got Artti A5 cable and A/B to Simgot LC7 cable with EA1000. You are correct, A5 is slightly thinner and softer, nicer to handle. Sound wise, LC7 cable wins. Upper mids and treble sound thicker with LC7. Snare hits, cymbals sound fuller, more lifelike, similar how speakers and headphone HD600 play treble.
A5 cable makes treble sound thinner, similar to EA1000 stock cable. A5 sounds sharper, like typical silver plated cable. It’s a nice cable, but needs to be paired with something else.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Here is the configuration information of Aehta:

• 2DD: Dual Opposed 7.5mm DD

• 2BC: Sonion 37AAX007

• 4BA: Customized Mid High Dual BA

• 2EST: Sonion EST65DA01

Thank you all for your attention.

10 Likes

Thoose Sonion BC are a waste of money
I heard 6 Sonion BC in one shell or tried too they dont work as advertised not at all.

And the opposing DD is such a bad idea for SQ that fake isobarik I am hoping this stops.

I applaud AüR Audio for the creativity but suprised they actually put in more drivers that wont be helpful to make a good tuning and increase the cost.

A single DD and EST would heve beed a better choice IMHO.

3 Likes

How do you come to the conclusion that this is a fake isobaric setup?

Let’s first get our definitions straight:
An isobaric loudspeaker setup is a type of speaker configuration that utilizes two or more individual speaker drivers (usually woofers) mounted in a sealed enclosure and operating in an isobaric arrangement. The term “isobaric” refers to the fact that both drivers are subjected to the same air pressure within the enclosure.

In an isobaric speaker system, the drivers are mounted facing each other, with their cones and voice coils moving in opposite directions. This arrangement creates a push-pull effect, where one driver’s cone moves inward while the other moves outward, and vice versa.
In an isobaric loudspeaker setup, one of the drivers is wired with reverse polarity compared to the other driver.

This reverse polarity connection is crucial for the push-pull operation of the isobaric configuration. When the audio signal reaches the drivers, one driver’s cone will move inward while the other moves outward at the same time, due to the reverse polarity wiring.

What I see in the above picture is exactly that, a sealed DD enclosure with the sound tube outlet. :person_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

I dont get it either.

9 Likes

So in that diagram the cone to cone approach requires one DD to be in a sealed enclosure which is different than how the iem dual opposed ones are implemented

2 Likes

There is this as well.

5 Likes

just for the record, I’m not claiming the dual opposing design like the one Aür isn’t “true” isobaric. I was just stating the difference from what you linked.

I think the IEM design is still different than how the vented approach is because there is a volume chamber in between the two DDs and that is what is where the sound tube comes out of. It looks like the two DDs share the same back chamber since they are fully exposed to the shell.

I have no clue what differences, if any, this results in but I gotta imagine it causes some difference.

1 Like

Correct, same type like the Blessing 3 and the Kiwi Ears Forteza.

2 Likes

In theory this would reduce excursion on each driver, and thereby potentially reduce distortion with the same sound pressure.

2 Likes

It’s unlikely that the manufacturer would just install them if they didn’t work. Soon I will personally test them myself and will tell you whether you were right or not).

3 Likes

ISN Audio H60

1 Like

I’m just observing how busy this thread is, but none of the talk is on topic.

Poor, poor Hype(less) series :joy::rofl::joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes