DMS top 5 headphones under 500$

Yes and no, people who aren’t really into this hobby would typically prefer the more complete headphone compared to something that’s not, getting one of the less completes is more viable for people who have a collection or want something super specific. I’m sure that the video is not really aimed at someone deep into this hobby

I mean it’s all subjective, it’s very very hard to say one headphone is just better than another.

3 Likes

I don’t know the Monolith M570 personally, but if it sounds similar to the BLON B20 or the Sandy Aiva, sorry, but definitely not my taste.

Same, not a recommendation from me lol, was using it as an example of a less than ideal headphone

1 Like

well look at the dt880 its definitely not a complete headphone. lacks bass. only good for certain tracks and genre’s. what if someone gets that headphone and realizes its no good for his favorite music? The argons are also a particular sound. The only headphone he mentioned that are good complete sounding is the 6xx, an oldie and not that impressive. and the Sundara.

oh i dont find it hard at all with that list lol

its a V shaped headphone. a popular sound sig. and it sounds spectacular. the m570 may not be that great but the Sivga p2 rivals the Aiva itself, a great headphone that sells for 600$.

This is just any of the sendy drivers but magnified. Also the 880 600 ohm has neutral not boosted bass, when you come off of a nior that might change your perspective of things

IDK how but you seem to recommend headphones to people that would yield this result quite often

1 Like

Apparently DMS really likes treble, or does not listen to music as loud as me (good for him, I know). :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Diversity is good and important, so everyone can find what sounds good to them personally, what tastes good to them personally, who they want to go on a date with, the vehicle they want to get around with, etc.

Just introduce yourself, we would all want the same thing, or be constantly compared to each other.

Definitely not a nice perspective! :woozy_face:

5 Likes

The Sendy drivers have been fine for any music ive thrown at it. classical, rock, pop. ive had no problem with it. It handled my Simple Minds playlist no problem. the dt880 did not. its the first time i had to turn it off cause it sounded so bad. Look how many variations theres been of the Aiva. its obviously a popular headphone.

But ok lets remove the sivga p2 from my list and replace it with something else. his list is still a lame list

It’s a list of impressive headphones under 500, IMHO. 6XX for everything, Argons for bass cannons, Airpods for practicality, Sundaras are detail monsters… Not a lame list. It’s just not a list of “best headphones for every genre under 500$”.

1 Like

I think i make good recommendations to people. I dont nerd out on sound signatures that fit a certain criteria i think it should be. if it sounds good i recommend it. i know i lack experience and understanding of some of these things but im obsessive and i learn fast. I may not have your range of experience but i know a good sounding headphone when i hear it. ive been listening to music for a long time. i’m not afraid to disagree with you if it doesnt sound right to me. if you got a problem with it explain it to me please. but i still may not agree. and i have no problem expressing that. i feel sometimes i may be right.

Of course, let’s add the nighthawks instead

Nighthawk gang nighthawk gang

8 Likes

Exactly, that’s what I mean.
For me, these parts sound a little too spectacular, as if my wife, my family and all my friends were constantly yelling at me.

That is simply too much for me. :exploding_head:

But I’m also old, as MON found out one day (Grado topic) :older_man:

lots of people dont like dark headphones. i think its a niche thing when its nighthawk dark

yeah the close sounstage is a probem for some. but i dont think new people are gonna notice that much. i think most people listen to music only a few hours out of the day.

That’s great if your tastes align with the person, but if they don’t then sometimes it’s not the best option for them

That must be the same way with bad headphones, you must be a real quick learner to pick out a bad headphone after only around 20 minutes of listening

Good, keep it that way, the goal is to find something YOU enjoy, and I shouldn’t have any influence on what you end up liking or disliking

1 Like

I’ve got one. Saying the HD600 is obviously better than the 6XX. Every single headphone in the 600 series is rather beloved and are all fairly similar variations that people gravitate towards. Look at just about any reviews for any of them and you find people favoring any number of them. I refuse to believe that the hd600 is just simply better than the 6xx or 58x or whatever, because it is more complicated than that and all of them are good.

5 Likes

Ah yes, blanket statements lol. Not a fan of blanket statements typically because they end up being incorrect with subjective topics

M570 was a mess. Aside from being a sendy clone QC was garbage on them

First it is DMS’s list- he can throw in whatever he wants
He creates content and should get respect for it
We all have our preferences and are free to produce our own videos
It feels to me like clickbait- opening threads and discredit all and everyone
We are here to Help each other
Not to hate about stuff

It is in many regards a tool list for special topics- in my humble opinion

All have a right to exist and are masters in some categories

Wish for some more love and respect in this forum
Just my 2 Cents

18 Likes