DMS top 5 headphones under 500$

Wise Words :clap:

1 Like

Without even watching the video I can justify to myself why all those are there to myself and respect the reasoning. Including the airpods proā€™s.

2 Likes

I dont think the peculiarities of headphone sound sigs is that polarizing for most people. especially new people just coming to the hobby.

cmon, that was one headphone. and it is a very wooly headphone. a headphone like that only need 20 minutes lol

My ā€œBlanket Statementsā€ are usually made cause its something i keep hearing. I see a lot of headphone videos and read a lot of reviews.

But none of these objections address the issue that this list DMS made should be MUCH better.

ā€ž Analysts estimate Apple sold between 14 million and 16 million AirPods in 2017.[44] In 2018 AirPods were Appleā€™s most popular accessory product, with 35 million units sold.[45][31] 15.9 million units were sold in the first half of 2019.[46] Analysts estimate AirPods make up 60% of the global wireless headphone market.[47] An estimated 5-7% of Appleā€™s revenue from AirPods comes from replacement earbuds and cases.[48]ā€œ

If they are actually as bad as they are occasionally described here, these numbers would be an absolute curiosity :roll_eyes:

And I think yours should too but thats my tastes lists like these are personal and not for everyone itā€™s his top 5 not yours

1 Like

The pros arenā€™t that bad actually, the convenience and features make up for the mediocre sound for most people. The usability aspect is just through the roof with them for most people

1 Like

Its a recommendation list for people. they cost a lot of money. hes a reviewer. its a list of the ā€œbestā€ its gonna come under some criticism.

I dont hate DMS or his stuff. I watch and respect his opinion on a lot of things. ive learned a lot from him. But this list is lame. he didnt do his homework. just relied on old favorites that dont compete with newer better offerings. especially if weā€™re at the 500$ price point. I just feel hes been out of the game lately. hasnt been putting out many videos. and this list represents that

then why not make your own top 5 list? I dont expect people to like or accept my list. thats what i said at the begining of my post. but come out wit your own instead of being against me and arguing a point endlessly

@Antpage2

Je ā€¦, youā€™re on fire :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

In my mind Sale or lowered prices arenā€™t something that should be mentioned. If that is what you pointed out?
Normal or MSRP or list prices are something that can be. Since thatā€™s what they started out, some could say are sale on 250 or someone has them for free and so on.
At least here they arenā€™t even close to 500$.

Best headphones under 1000$ is what many and many have stated.
I only selected the 650/6XX cause i like tad more bass and price was right on the money. Even thought the other would have been better, according to many.
Then i again, i usually make my own mind and not listen to others. Going my way and doing my way. :slight_smile:
Kinda making the middle ground between different opinions.

Lol, so, every governments and religions chosen by millions of people were always the good ones? And you can tell which headphones are the best by choosing the most purchased one on Amazon? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People new to the hobby sometimes have a feeling about what they want or already know that they donā€™t like treble spikes or whatever. Itā€™s very important to keep this in mind with recommendations, instead of just ā€˜what works for me should work for themā€™

That headphone in my experience sounded way better after giving it more time and getting used to it. A cursory glance at the thread shows it is polarizing, but not the garbage cans you make it out to be.

You apparently donā€™t read enough. :roll_eyes:

It doesnā€™t need to be addressed, because there is nothing wrong with his list. His top 5 headphones under $500 donā€™t have to be yours. Under $500 is even still correct even if the headphones donā€™t come close to that price.

I guess this is why his tastes seem to align with mine. I really enjoy the dt880 600 and find it pretty neutral actually. Not to mention I love my Sendyā€™s for its brightness!

2 Likes

They really are close and a fair amount of people appreciate the tad of extra warmth and width they bring over the 600

3 Likes

bought the Galaxy Buds for my wife and her Apple iphone 11 - so she can use them in the gym
tried the Buds with my Android yesterday and can tell, it itĀ“s overwhelming what this little things are capable off. My ā€œonly wired In ears pleaseā€ thoughts went down fast.

with the ā€œEQā€ in the app you can decide between standard Harmann tuning, and others. The duiffused field ā€œeqā€ is called ā€œsoftā€ and was more my kind of preference, while my wife is fixed with the harman eq, without using the app(Android only) and she prefered it anyways over all other options

so I somehow understand what crinacle was about https://crinacle.com/guide/tws/

Yesss! This is what Iā€™ve been saying for a while. Change out the tips and you find the extension of those earbuds improve as well.

:raising_hand_man:ā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s just your opinion and this whole audiophile cultureā€™s based on personal opinionsā€¦and thatā€™s not an opinion thatā€™s a fact lol.

4 Likes

really? i put much more thought into i than that.

True there are some headphones that are indeed so polarizing that you can hear it and right away decide you cant like it. but those are few. i dont recommend those types of headphones to people.

I dont like wooly headphones. thats my thing cause back in the late 70ā€™s when the walkman came out there were many cheap headphones offered. and i remember them having a wooly or dark sound. headphones like that right way remind me of those and its instant hate.

But i dont dump on people who recommend them to others. and i will recommend ā€œdarkā€ headphones to people if i dont consider them too dark if i think thats what they may like. i put a lot of thought and even research into my recommendations.

but dont you think at 485$ and even lower at some websites that the HD660 is a better headphone?