Douk U2 pro with upgraded clocks - need explanation

Yeah that might be with your computer in sleep mode or situations where the USB isn’t being used and it shuts them off and has trouble turning them back on. I’ve had that problem before with all kinds of USB connections.

1 Like

Yea the first set I received was a defective unit as well. I installed the driver, switched cables, tried other USB ports, another laptop, all my laptops are simply unable to recognise the device. Fortunately I was able to return it.

The second unit was a breeze, it was plug and play for me, no driver required

1 Like

So… No more feedbacks with positive sound impact on the dac? Sad to hear that, i ordered the version from leaf audio cmd-17 with gold plated TCXO upgrade, they just shipped the unit. I wonder to hear sonic improvements from new owners, but now I’m a little bit worried:( Because i ordered upgraded version and dedicated Linear power supply for 120$ for both units, i hope for at least 10% improvement…

My issue may be a fluke. Don’t take it as all of them have problems. I believe everyone else here has had nothing but positive feedback to give. And I will say you should definitely hear an improvement. :slight_smile:

I’ve surprisingly taken the plunge here. Once I can pay attention and integrate it, I’ll let y’all know if I have strong opinions. Will initially feed a Schiit Modius.

2 Likes

is it a multibit? i’d love to hear how a modius multibit sounds compared to usb.

Alright… Amazon is sending me out another one which should be here by Wednesday. Hopefully my issue will be resolved. I will report back once I have it all setup again.

1 Like

No, I think Modius is AKM 4493.

Just a quick FYI, it looks like the I2S pinouts from the U2 Pro and the Topping D90 are reversed. My Left and right channels are backwards on IIS vs Coax or Optical.

yeah same with my x16. i have to swap the outputs to my amp.

1 Like

You can also revert the I2s phase on the D90se. That is what I did on mine. It is one of the settings you can change.

1 Like

You know, I was wondering if there was anything in the setup menu that might control that… Thanks Rick!

1 Like

Could you please share a little bit more impression about it? In what side sound changed in your opinion: to the good side, or to the bad? Is there any difference?

Sincerely, Andrew

P.s. very important to know all your impressions guys! Even if impression not good, or good, or can’t tell the difference. Forum’s should help people to make right decisions, and thats why i ask all owners of this unit, please share!

Sorry for the delay in responding, been busy with some work stuff.

I’m inclined to agree with @Rick_Jones, there’s a jump in detail using the U2 Pro vs going straight USB into my D90 (which I was already happy with).

Also, I’ve not encountered any of the reset issues that @Rick_Jones and @Pokrog have mentioned as of this time, and the PC I’m running the U2 on is running practically 24/7.

3 Likes

Got mine a day early super glue all over the bottom and sides clearly top tier effort was made installing the feet :sweat_smile:

1 Like

link to the driver from the manual
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZjWBDD5Te-a8O64fCstuOKIwGRo766wD

1 Like

Hey guys just throwing up an update here…

I did receive my replacement Douk U2 pro and… still not seeing an improvement. :frowning: I tried a few things like using a whole different setup for example but I still wasn’t hearing any difference when comparing it the D90se USB connection. So with that said I am going to go a different direction and try the Singxer SU-2. I watched the review that @WaveTheory did (which he did a great job explaining how it can improve a user’s overall setup and why you might want one) and decided what that hell… I will give it a shot. Since I know there can be an improvement in my setup cause I did hear one …I hoping for the best with this decision. I will report back once I have it in house.

1 Like

It’s a pity to hear that, but for some reason it was expected, since the d90 already carries a good usb on board.:frowning:

I think he got faulty ones or some kind of driver mismatch or something because it was working for him at one point.

Yea… I have tried with and without the driver. Didn’t make difference either way. But also like I said I tried it on a whole different setup and there wasn’t any audible difference that I could hear. I mean I am open to suggestions…