Earbuds Discussion Thread

Michael has had them for quite a while. We swapped sets a while back so he has spent more time with Lancer than I did. It was one of those occasions where I tried them and said you need to try these and that was the last time I had them. I’ll get them back or buy the newer buds and start the cycle over again.

6 Likes

Tweaked the PEQ further on the RW-3000. This has been my first foray into PEQ and really understanding frequency interactions to the overall profile. Super fun really getting into all this. Think I’m getting really close to my idea balanced sound with these. In comparison to above the bass has a little less punch and sounds more natural, vocals are slightly pulled back but more in line with the overall PEQ, the sharpness in the treble is gone for me and the 8k peek helped bring out more details along with the 10k adding a touch of air to the mix.

3 Likes

So the D13 is only 10 days away.
I have been impressed with the S12, and am curious to see reviews on this one.

1 Like

13mm DLC DD? That’s a big boy!

1 Like

Agreed, normally I think of 10mm as a big DD, so 13 seems giant.

I am also curious how it will impact the fit, but the S12 driver was 14.8mm, and it fit pretty well in my small ears, so I am going to trust Shuoer.

If anyone in the states is looking to get into earbuds I have an almost new pair of smabat M2s Pros

These were recced to me by @Rikudou_Goku since I was looking for something with an mmcx connection and they did not disappoint. Unfortunately fit was an issue when connected to my UTWS3 so I would prefer them not go to waste in a drawer

2 Likes

This deserves to be here for future reference :fire:

6 Likes

So I haven’t kept up with earbuds, but is there something that’s basically the monk plus with bass?

I have the yincrow x6 and the qian39 which have good bass but the treble and mids are nasty on those, monk is the only not super peaky earbud I’ve found, it just lacks bass x.x

1 Like

Where in the world are you? If you are ok with DIY and shipping from EU, I’d recommend you check out / reach out to @Rikudou_Goku. I have his Alter Rider 1, and that has great bass, but I know he has even bassier sets

2 Likes

Mexico, sounds expensive lol x.x
I’m more looking to see if there’s some new under $20 chifi option, I know there’s tons of those on aliexpress but it’s not a super popular segment so there’s basically no reviews…

Look at @Rikudou_Goku 's database - super helpful. RikudouGoku's Database - Google Sheets

1 Like

Hello all! WoodyLuvr is here! I see some familiar faces :wink:

Highly recommend RikuBuds… I adore my Berserker 1. Easily in my all-time top three ranking for flathead earbuds.

14 Likes

Oh damn, we got blessed by Woody’s presence.

For those that don’t know Woody, he’s basicly a walking encyclopedia of earbuds. He’s known to be the godfather of flatheads and made several list of all kinds about them, like timelines of every bud realeased to date (that he is aware of at least).

Buckle up boys, the Bud scene on hfgf just got richer.

9 Likes

Thank you for warm welcome and introduction.

Flathead Earbuds Encyclopedia = YES!

Flathead Earbuds Fiend = YES! Rabid!

Flathead Earbuds Godfather (GOAT) = NO!

The Godfather and GOAT titles really belongs to @ClieOS ( [Earbuds Paradise]) and @HungryPanda over on the Earbuds Round-Up thread on Head-Fi (unfortunately, both are gone from that thread… one by choice… the other one not, RIP Tom).

8 Likes

You’re the current one! Just take the compliment man :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, glad to see you here. Also for those who might be interested, woody and other very wise people also live inside @Rikudou_Goku 's discord (earbud channel), so make sure to check that out if you want!

5 Likes

:pray: Thank you

4 Likes

Another addition to the RikuBuds collection.The Assassin has landed. Time for an extended listening session. We’ll see where this addition falls in the lineup for my preferences.

9 Likes

My impressions on Rikubud’s Alter Rider 1 and Assassin 2 are out, and you can find them here.

Have a nice day!

6 Likes

Another review of tgx’s Serratus, by ian91:

4 Likes

NiceHCK EB2S

1 Like