Earbuds Discussion Thread

For gen 1? Well, plenty of Grand classes are open there so it is possible to add models into the Gen 1 lineup. But im currently busy with Gen 3 (qian39) so…

I was just asking for Dom because…I’ve never seen a Grand Lancer, and you don’t have a description for one.

Just curious if it’s ever been done. Because if I know Dom loves Lancer, he deserves a Grand Lancer lol

Although I have some candidates for it at least.

(bud nr 61, im currently on bud nr 105. :rofl: )

3 Likes

Yeah a lot of classes are empty. Just means I havent found anyone for it yet and I do want to fill all the classes of course but also no rush. (also the longer it goes the more experienced I get and the better they get.)

Then there is the loner class without a single model, Caster. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, I totally made fun of that one in my review. Caster could maybe get more love if you had a better description for what the intention for the sound you want is LOL

I think if you worked on a Grand Lancer, Dom would be VERY interested. Hell, I would be a little interested too

1 Like

I listen to Jazz, Rock, Piano, Rap, Pop really whatever my mood is mostly DSD files or Amazon Music Ultra HD.

1 Like

Do you do earbuds? Your library is tailor-made for earbuds

2 Likes

Aye 100% agree :+1:

Serratus and job done unless you’re worried about sound leaking in or out?

Might actually be better with Alpha or Ripples given the extra warmth needed for jazz and rap. But also - @ToneDeafMonk do you need sound isolation?

1 Like

Just run Serratus via a Burr Brown chipset source…love my Serratus driven by my iDSD Micro, better than hybrid-tube, OTL and DX312 tbh…not heard Alpha or Ripples but I do appreciate bass are those better in that respect?

2 Likes

I thought about it being the weird kid class. Aka, a hybrid or tuned to sound like one ( which I do have an idea on how to do).

After gen 3, i need that qian39 shell. :wink:

Grand Lancer 3, once you get the hang of tuning for the new shell???

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :crazy_face: :smirk:

haha we see what I do. Im still messing around with the fundamental shell itself. I got 5 different shells I be trying out. Then we see what I do from there. I did have some bad timing since CNY holidays have already started so I need to wait until next month to order them.

Examples:

(Drawn by @pylaczynski and designed by me.)

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku what would be an easy to drive bud in your collection be good for movies/gaming. Looking specifically for highest immersive experience so probably super accurate imaging and soundstage over everything else. Needs to be easy to drive cause it will be plugged into an Xbox one controller and I have no control over volume out there haha. I have a prototype of yours I got from @rattlingblanketwoman and I’m not sure the sensitivity on it but out of the Xbox controller it is a little too low volume

3 Likes

Soundstage above all else = Rider IMO

2 Likes

Well, i would stay at 32ohm at least. Then for gaming, I assume it isnt competitive gaming, in which case Berserker 1/2, Saber 1, Rider 1 or Grand Rider 2 would be the ones I would recommend.

(I only watch anime with speakers so cant really comment about that aspect.)

1 Like

Can confirm Ripples is a warm set to my ears and really works well for classical and jazz. :+1:Though well to be honest all earbuds sound warmer than most IEMs to me

2 Likes

Super helpful, and yep it’s not competitive. I have a headset for that. I like to use buds with late night casual gaming so I can hear things around me still

2 Likes

@GooberBM some better pics. :wink:

8 Likes

Got part 1 of my mats today. I am total cretin - I bought only 1 cable, but 20 shells :face_with_spiral_eyes:

But what worried me the most are VIDOs. I bought 3 of them to be shell/cable/driver donor, but come one! This is ridicolous how good 5$ anything audio related can sound. Dynamic, detailed, not harsh, spacious with nice bass… It is discouraging to even start DIY knowing something like this exists :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes