Earbuds Discussion Thread

Thanks a lot @Ohmboy

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the links👍, I will check them out.

I immediately bought basis his recommendation and blown away by the sound mostly due to excellent fit I guess and surprisingly great bass not muddy at all. Now waiting for Caster3. @Rikudou_Goku any movement in waitlist? Thanks.

2 Likes

Venture Electronics SMG getting the most playback of my earbuds, not weird as its newest and I have a promised review for it. Maybe my favourites from VE.

7 Likes

I really love the magenta shift in this shot, dude. It pulls everything together so nicely…

3 Likes

Do you want to be on the waiting list for it?

C3 waiting time is long because of both the waiting list and me waiting for more drivers.

2 Likes

ClippyBud

2 Likes

Yes…I believe I am already on waiting list as confirmed by you via email if not count me in. Will wait and till the enjoy qian39s.

1 Like

Aa, you contacted me via mail, found you on the list.

1 Like

It looks like I’ve been hooked with Faaeal Rosemary (not so much with EB2S - weightless with uncomfortable peak). Where should I go from here?
I wanted to get something up to $100, based on Rosemary I would like some more extension in heighs and overall refinement (I’m fan of Penon and Sony house tunings in general - Serial, Globe, MDR1am2, WF XM5. I dislike neutral)
So far I’m eyeing Dunu Alpha, BGVP DX6, Temperament X6 but I wouldn’t mind Rikubuds gen1 or 3 (I’m in EU).

No my post but there is a nice deal on a Saber 3 in Europe here. You might want to check it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

BLOX kinda interested, anyone got any opinions on them?

:beers:

1 Like

I think there’s one person on Flathead Sanctuary discord that bit the bullet. Should be getting it today or tomorrow if I recall.

But you should be looking at some LREY sets, mate!

1 Like

I like folk that :notes::raised_hands:

1 Like

Saber looks interesting but I don’t know what to think about that relaxed top. Gotta love this hobby and all the blind buys :sweat_smile:

What other transducers do you like? Would be easier to recommend.

1 Like

Maybe by things that I miss in devices that I like:
Penon Serial - GOAT female vocal for me, bass could be more controlled, cymbals could me better defined but yeah, GOAT vocal presentation. (I find Sony WF1000XM5 somewhat similar but with bit spicier and worse vocals in comparision). Fan 2 is too boring, midbass focus not to my liking
From technical side of things, but I know the overall timbre is different here - Raptgo Hook X HBB, Tansio X - I miss smooth vocals of Serial but other parts of tuning are to my liking (I’m guessing U/W tuning). Similarly with AS T800 - everything is fine until it’s not fine (sibilance hits).
NiceHCK EB2S (non pro) - lacks lower end, fatiguing on louder volume.
AD2000X - sparkle and air.
I’m well aware it’s unachivable especially when going from different type of devices. So maybe lets go back to “based on Rosemary I would like some more extension in heighs and overall refinement”, vocal presentation towards organic Serial rather than technical rest of listed things. I know it’s as subjective as it gets, Rosemary for me is like a background radio playing music and I want to get closer and focus more on details because I like how it sounds from a distance. (I’m starting to write like an audioph*le). As you can see I can’t stand bright and neutral tunings. That warm/detailed balance is what I look for.

1 Like

Judging from the graph of the Serial

you wont have that issue with the S3.

This is the iem version of it pretty much.

1 Like

Thanks for narrowing it down for me. How long does it take you to prepare them for shipment after payment and confirmation? I’m asking because I will be away for few weeks soon and maybe it will be better to postpone it after I’m back.

There is a waiting list and right now if you want to be put on it, it should be around 1 month at least before your turn once its your turn i usually be done and shipped out in a week or so.

PM me if you are interested.