Favorite podcasts!

I started listening to podcasts to listening to co-optional podcast rip TB but was a great while he was on haven’t listeneduch since then not sure if they recovered from that and are running great now. Only reason I don’t listen to it anymore is because they aren’t on Spotify.

its a good partnership pushes more people to take spotify more seriously as for pocast listeners. Im not a fan of exclusivity at all though but I can see how this partnership is insane all sppotify has to do is add flacs for like $5 more and they basically can corner most of the market due to the huge library of theirs

I’m not a fan of monopoly either, because competition creates new features and advancements, but I think they already got most of the market cornered anyway, the majority of people already use Spotify. I’m curious how they will implement the video feature. Is it going to be like Youtube or will there be only music videos?

most likely music videos and podcast videos which is pretty ok I guess. I think its a feature I would use at parties to hook up to my tv and stream a playlist with music videos on easily and with how good integration is for controlling gear on spotify though alexa as well as on my phone on beats youtube for me.

Has the podcast dynamics gotten better with co-optional. I stopped listening after I noticed they didn’t have great…I don’t know the proper word

I havent listened since TB died so Im not sure…

My current podcasts.
Looking forward to checking out some of the ones you all have posted

Here is a great podcast covering the stories behind many bands they are fairly new but not new to podcasting. So far they have covered: the stooges,suicide, the dammned , Sid and nancy, the Ramones , and now the misfits. They intend to separate these into seasons each season covers a different genre or sub genre currently they are covering punk

Ordinarily, I don’t get into podcasts. To me, the fundamental problem with podcasts is that listening to them is time spent not listening to music. Yes, some podcasts are music oriented and introduce new bands. Reality is still that time is a zero-sum game.

And now for the BUT…

I just discovered this podcast called Audio Matters which is a new series produced by Harman. I listened to the first episode. They brought in some experts and researchers from the music and audio industries and discussed some interesting topics:

Some of the topics on that first episode include the different experiences of speakers and headphones, the connections between music and emotion, that humans do recognize high quality music reproduction…eventually, that bass quantity and quality is the biggest single predictor of emotional engagement with music, and several other things.

I may or may not continue with this podcast. The first episode has the requisite level of nerd for me to give subsequent episodes a chance, but for me that barrier of time spent listening to podcasts taking time away from listening to music is a big one. Some of you may fall in love with it though. I may still.

Podcast listening dropped off due to the travel lockdowns. Stopped listening to JRE since the spodify deal. Movies music youtube channels.

1 Like

mine has increased as thats all I listen to now at work music is too damn distracting

1 Like

This one of my most favorite podcast best dollop episodes The Best Dollop Episodes which I enjoyed a lot. This show hosted by 2 comedians Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Though best dollop eipsodes is a long series. There are more than 400+ episodes.

Ever since he left youtube and regular podcast platform I haven’t listened to a single JRE show. Crazy since i watched almost every episode for like 3 year straight.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I have maybe listened to one, but I’m not sure. It sure is a hassle and you kind of forget about it. Weirdly I haven’t even been watching the JRE clips on youtube neither.

As he says in the beginning of the episode “It’s not for children and even really for most adults. The episode contains graphic descriptions of extreme violence and depravity.”

This is hands down one of the greatest podcast episodes I have heard so far. It talks about the Communist’s campaign of terror in Eastern Europe before and after WWII. And considering that I was born in a former Soviet Republic, it left me in shock. I kind of knew that these things happened, but I didn’t grasp the scale and brutality of them. Daryll did an excellent job on the research and description of all of the events, as always.

Hotboxin with mike tyson.

1 Like

Been listening a lot to Matt’s podcast lately, The Smoking Tire (TST), i follow his work since the /Drive channel days.

1 Like