šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

My personal tale of ā€œfit griefā€ is the FDX1. From what I can remember, I would be satisfied with everything about itā€¦ And itā€™s a steal too.

But it would NOT stay in my ears. If I ever found it cheaply enough that thereā€™d be no cost risk at having to resell it straight away Iā€™d try it again with a few things Iā€™ve learned about tips and my own ears.

1 Like

I canā€™t pin what the ā€œnaturalnessā€ issue was for me, it really may not be universal. I thought timbre was good - so I wouldnā€™t want you to write it off for my take alone. I will say that whenever I tried the FD5 although I didnā€™t like the FR the sound was very ā€œnaturalā€ to me.

EDIT: same with NM2+. Maybe I do normally pick up some kind of a BA timbre even if I canā€™t justify what the difference is verbally. I might be giving the Lokahiā€™s an easy time because I really want them to work out, so far they do sound almost as ā€œnaturalā€ to me.

1 Like

I think itā€™s possible that Iā€™m just in search of that dynamic driver sound and confusing that with natural. Based on my limited IEM experience and just reading the frequency graphs of the IEMs Iā€™ve liked and disliked, I think a single dd with the mangird UP (way out of the budget range) frequency response would be end of the road.

2 Likes

If in 10 years time their value has gone down instead of up, thereā€™s always the Isabellaeā€¦

Wish there was a slightly larger single DD selection out there. Have you tried the FDX1?

1 Like

Combination of it being on Amazon, having seen it be one of the cables @Rikudou_Goku recā€™d, and it having a 4.4 termination. Mostly the first two.

2 Likes

Oh wow the isabellae does seem great!

I have not and they were high on my list for so long! But apparently the treble can be a bit much on them?

It depends on filter, but overall yes, hot ones for sure.

1 Like

In that same price range the Aune Jasper also looks pretty good.

Also sorry guys if this has hijacked the fh3 thread.

Well, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m just imagining it, but I do believe that the Rhyme cable has given an improvement to treble of the FH3. Vocals also seem to be just a bit cleaner, and the bass seems to have a bit more punch. Can anyone verify? Or feel free to tell me Iā€™m full of it. Thatā€™d work as well. :laughing:

If you hear a difference, regardless of there being a physical change, you got what you wanted! Psycheā€™s big in this game.

1 Like

4 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/NsqVQuGXoPiCYjPv9

Why will the gif not show up? :rage:

lol, been there, done that too many times. Just read @Rikudou_Goku entire thread and youā€™ll understand. WW3 in-bound.

Iā€™ll say this & hopefully wonā€™t stir the trolls, if you hear a difference or even an improvement. Congrats and enjoy. Never utter these words again.

4 Likes

I will take that into advisement, good sir. By the way, any way you could tell me what it is Iā€™m doing wrong when I try to link something? Cause it only ever posts the text link and never the picture/video when I try.

1 Like

Wise advise

1 Like

I hope you like them. Honestly been thinking about them recently and wondering if I need to re-purchase them at some point in the future. Haha! They are a solid set for sure. Glad another member of the community gets to hear them. @Resolution and @Sonofholhorse were both solid guys to work with in the Zen journey.

3 Likes

1 Like

As are you, sir. Looking forward to seeing what Dunuā€™s new Pro models bring to the table as well!

3 Likes

Curious about this as well. Although Iā€™m not sure what I would change. I know the treble was a little rolled off, so maybe extend that a little bit but honestly I kinda liked the FR on the OG Zen since it gave them a little warmer tilt from what I remember. (Been a while since Iā€™ve heard them.)

1 Like

Iā€™d still have them if @luizgarcia hadnā€™t asked me personally to take them off my hands. That, and the fact that I have so many IEMs lately I donā€™t know what to do with. Just my tribridsā€¦

Not to mention I should have a Blessing 2 Dusk showing up shortly too :wink:

I definitely plan to have a Zen back in my collection in one form or another. Og or Pro. I hope it slams hard enough for @luizgarcia. It was the hardest slamming set with the best bass I had in my collection. Iā€™m very much looking forward to his reactions.

4 Likes