đŸ”¶ FiiO M11 / M11 Pro

It does not. The fiio music app has one, but its only for that app. Other apps could possibly apply one, but it does not come with one

Well that’s disappointing. I imagine it’s the same deal with FiiO’s other DAPs as well. So far I haven’t had any luck finding good EQ apps in the playstore either.

I think Viper 4 Android allows for systemwide eq, but it might be root only, I can’t remember

Mine is getting here Monday. Very excited.

Mine arrived recently! Love it. Going from the Onkyo DP-X1 to this is quite the upgrade battery life wise. I also was kinda skeptical of the 4.4mm Pentaconn but it’s becoming my favorite connector style.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really like the 4.4 mm because imo it’s the perfect size, durable, and easy to use

I agree. It’s got the sturdiness without the bulk of an XLR or 1/4"

1 Like

Hey man, I saw that you were trying to get root/google play store on your device. I’m also interested in the Fiio M11/Pro, (rn on X5III with custom kernel), but the inability to install my favourite player (UAPP, only available on play store) quite hinders my interest. Google recently requires devices running 8.1 and less to have GSM installed and certified (not part of AOSP) so devices without GSM module can fuck off basically.
Could you possibly try these methods to install google play store?
Method 1 (official, probably won’t work): https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/amp/
Method 2 (good chance it might work): https://github.com/xgqfrms/GMS
method 2 also needs signature spoofing be enabled by the ROM so this app tells you if it’s supported in Fiio’s stock ROM https://f-droid.org/en/packages/lanchon.sigspoof.checker/

If you want to try to flash TWRP recover or root the player you can try this 3rd party tool made for Samsung phones https://samsungodin.com/ (Win only) or https://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/ (Cross-platform). Not sure how reliable with not tested Samsung parts/phones.

I have tried the first two methods without success. I have also tried spoofing, but I will try that app and try again when I have time. The locked bootloader is unfortunate

Rooting is not a safe option without finding an exploit to gain access and bypass the bootloader lock. I have tried soft root methods and they were unsuccessful. Odin does not work because I have no access to fastboot commands, so I don’t think either methods will work. I cannot flash a 3rd party recovery without having access to the bootloader

You might be better off with something like a hiby device since they support google play

I guess I could try modifying a firmware package and sneaking root access in there, but I would have to try and get the signature to still match, which would be very difficult. Also I wouldn’t want to screw around with no recovery option available

Just did the signature spoofing test, and it was disabled as expected. I had already tried disabling signature verification and then attempted to spoof the m11 to look like another device, and it was unsuccessful, so I wasn’t expecting this to work either

Hmm, that is really unfortunate. Yeah I know, the Hiby R5 and R6 are like the only DAPs that came out still supporting play store. Well even though you can’t install play store you can at least pay and install Neutron outside the play store (from it’s website) and install aurora store for access to free google play apps. And even though Neutron’s UI is hot garbage, I would still recommend it over fiio music (any app with custom usb driver will be superior), because that app is actually incredibly bad sound quality wise, like it’s really embarrassing.

I think it would be a better effort just to crack uapp imo lol. But it’s harder then you would think. They are very protective of that app. But there’s no guarantee that it will respond to the international dac of the m11 though

Edit: I should say that I own UAPP and would rather use the play store, but that’s not really an option

Edit 2: I am also not advocating to break into this app either lol, just a joke

i wonder how this stacks up against the ibasso dx160?

Yeah tried cracking that many many times. You’d have to use really old version + be lucky to crack it. They update it a lot. But then I paid for it, knowing that google play does returns, up to few hours (trial from the website was also unhappy about the previous footprints of the cracking apps). And even though it $7 I immidiately known with the first (dsd) song that it was right purchase. Then I check if it wasn’t fluke with normal flac song and tried the different options, and yeah that I had to check to be sure if I’m not bullshiting myself by trying the same normal flac on Fiio Music and yeah it was still very noticeable just on normal flac. Did the best test - listen to few songs (same ones) - do I enjoy it more? Yes I did.

Even did the MQA in app purchase when I did the trial of Tidal. (Not very noticeable 88.2 isn’t that big of a jump/it’s not that great on tidal’s site/ )
But I think the biggest feature of tidal/qobuz is they support almost any player, including UAPP. So I didn’t have to play it through their official app (that just like every official music streaming app just uses Android’s internal dac driver and shitty playback).

• So you can play it through UAPP/Audirvana/etc. an app you like because of it’s processing. And the software is really a big thing in the signal path.
  • Playing 16/44.1 through Deezer’s official app and playing Tidal is a BIG difference. And I highly doubt the file is different. It’s just that I can play in straight through UAPP. That’s the big difference. Basically you’re paying for the 3rd party support with Tidal
  • I discovered I really like the “bit-perfect mode” on some songs (through some headphones) in UAPP local library, but on all songs from Tidal through UAPP (on all headphones). Don’t know if it’s just that you remove 1 extra heavy chain of processing that helps with really processed streamed music, but I really enjoy it with Tidal. (don’t understand how it works, not really info online - but I like it, and it’s very noticeable change)

I actually recently over the holiday got version 5.3.0 working lol. Was a pita but was worth it for me. It took a lot of finagling

1 Like

Well my m11 just decided to screw me over recently. The device is stuck in balanced mode and it won’t play anything from the 3.5mm port including spdif, which screws me over since most of the time I am using a xdsd strapped to the back. I will try to clean the port when I get home but holy shit did this make me mad

That sucks bad did you try whispering threats to it? Have you tried going from bluetooth to se?

Nothing will have sound besides the 4.4 inch output. I will clean the inside and see if that fixes it. I really don’t want to have to return it

1 Like