đŸ”¶ FiiO M11 / M11 Pro

Ok so I cleaned the 4.4mm jack and it works fine now, so if you don’t get any output of the 3.5mm and the white circle is stuck by the battery indicator you most likely have to clean the balanced jack

1 Like

Thank you - always good to know.
Did you use Ethanol to clean it with?

I used a qtip and rubbing alcohol

1 Like

“Isoprophyl alcohol” ok yes

1 Like

M11 Pro review from Z review
You can get Fiio M11 pro at $674 with coupon coude: HIFIGO5 on hifigo now

1 Like

It’s interesting that a lot of comments are related to the lack of being able to install google play services. A lot of people seem to want it. I actually am glad that the device won’t be touching google. I am trying to get google out of my life which is difficult when I refuse to use apple phones. Why doesn’t this group look at other APK stores such as F-Droid? If Fiio would put a tight linux dedicated distro on this instead of android I’d be throwing my money at this.

It’s pretty much the lack of stuff that require verification like paid apps (UAPP)

Is it actually possible to install the “Bandcamp” app on the m11? I come to the point were my phone is just full of music and I hate this. I was thinking of the M11 for quite a while. A player would be the next purchase I guess. But bandcamp would be important for me. It’s the only good player I could get for the money in Germany I guess

https://apkpure.com/bandcamp/com.bandcamp.android

So it’s possible, good to know, thank you M0N!

Mine as of today.

4 Likes

Google Playstore Installation on FiiO M11 Pro Update

2 Likes

Fucking finally fiio lol, it’s about time

Edit: UAPP still doesn’t work :neutral_face: (natively at least)

Edit 2: just fine an apk of USB audio player pro and it will work

Edit 3: although you unfortunately can’t take advantage of the features if you use the coax out

4 Likes

One of the reasons I just went with the Hiby r6 pro :grimacing:.

1 Like

This compared to Monoprice THX portable or XD05 plus? How might it be as a DAC feeding a desktop setup?

So I would personally take the m11 and xd05 plus over the thx portable, but I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison, I think a closer comparison might be the q5s instead of the m11

Mostly ask because I already have the THX, but am thinking about selling it and replacing it with either a DAP like this or something like the XD05 or Q5s. Only hang-up I have on the Q5s is the micro USB, as I’m trying to reduce the variety of cables I need when I travel. I currently use an OG Pixel XL as my source through the THX, and wasn’t sure if the DAP setup would be a significant enough upgrade to warrant eliminating the need for an extra device as well.

So honestly if you already have the thx portable, I think you would want to look higher end, more in the 700 ish and up range for an upgrade if you want to go the dap route (and tbh the dac/amp combos are somewhat similar)

Recs for that mid-tier in either DAP or portable Amp/DAC? iDSD Micro reduces portability too much and not that interested in the Mojo, though neither is quite in the $700+ range you mention.

My M11 just got a new update. version 1.0.9 released 2020-03-27 - Includes native Google Play Store now.

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44290 -> FiiO official forum for update.

Not sure if this is good or bad. I installed Spotify and Chrome on my M11 using APKPure(?). Had FooBar2000 for a little while but it would fail to read folders if I played one album (folder) and tried to switch to another album (folder). Would have to crash the Foobar app and try the new folder. Bit annoying so it went bye-bye.

1 Like