🔶 Focal Clear

Hi. I bought the SMSL U9 and the Jot 2 and the Bifrost. I’ll return the DAC I prefer less. I am waiting on my original Clears as well. Any settings you are loving with the SMSL-Jot 2 clear combo?

Was told the shipment would be “in their warehouse today”. :crossed_fingers:t2:

I ran everything on defaults. The Jot2 is a very analog sounding amp. The Bifrost 2 is also similar sounding as the Jot 2, which makes for a very smooth listening experience. The SMSL SU-9 is more clinical and analytical sounding in comparison. Both are very good sounding dacs, just at different ends of the spectrum. Which you personally prefer will be up to you. The SMSL SU-9 Is packed with so many features and options. The Bifrost costs more and does not have nearly the amount of features the SMSL has.

Either way, The Jotunheim 2 is a beast. I really am enjoying mine. You might want to keep the Bifrost no matter what, just to have the matching Schiit stack. I am.

2 Likes

Did the shipment arrive? I’m still waiting on these too.

Nope. They told me yesterday that some had arrived. I assumed I was on the list but no shipping date yet.

Good news re Clear delivery. I have a tracking number!

Got mine too! :grinning:

1 Like

Now if they would just get their Schiit together down in LA and send me my Bifrost I’d be all set!

They came today!

1 Like

This is what I’m doing - the Bifrost 2/Jotunheim 2 stack looks so good.

1 Like

Not only do they look great, they sound great. The Jot 2 has a been a big upgrade vs the THX 789 to my ears.

2 Likes

Just got notice that the Bifrost is on the way as well. Now I’ll have to choose between the Bifrost and the S.M.S.L U-9.

3 Likes

How do they pair with Liquid platinum compared to aryas for versatile genres of music?

Clear VS LCD-GX, anyone…?

Got my Clear (Pro) in. D50s + ATOM. These sound surprisingly dimensionally flat to me, as if sound is only passing directly left and right, with slight reverb/space occurring in between. Bass seems good/solid. I would say they sound a bit dull and soft like typical Beyers do, and definitely lack resolution/definition/refinement compared to a bunch of my IEMs. Treble is a touch hot/fatiguing for me, and sounds like tambourines/shakers/cymbals feel too metallic-toned and maybe splashy, but no sibilance or anything. These are not impressing me :l I boosted the bass a bit, and didn’t hear any clipping yet, so there’s that lol. Build and comfort and cables seem fine. A little lighter than I expected, maybe. I would pretty much take any of my IEMs over this(especially YBF :black_heart:). I want to hear HE-6 and LCD-3 again. :frowning:

Sounds to me like you need to upgrade your source to get the best out of the clear mg, the LG clear was relatively picky with source gear

4 Likes

Bummer… I just got the original Clears and I love them. I have them paired with the Schiit Jotunheim2 and either the SMSL SU-9 or the Bifrost. They sound fantastic. Reverb tails are deep, resolution is on par with my $1K IEMs and the soundstage while a little narrow is deep. Perhaps your particular amp/dac combo when paired with the Clears is not optimal. They do tend to be bright but the Jot is a warmish amp.

Give them time maybe…

This is most likely the issue…

1 Like