Geek Wold GK10.....1 BA 2Piezoelectric and 2DD

Damn, now I wish I had more money to get the mic to graph

1 Like

This is the official graph from the seller:

I think your description of the closely matches this one.

Also, you have good taste in music :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes that does look more like it! Really curious to see more graphs and to find out whether there are QC issues.

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Dissected: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-3908#post-16480908

1 Like

Way down we go

2 Likes

Damn thatā€™s rough. The more I hear about these the more I suspect there are multiple QC issues and that people should probably not order them. I should note that Iā€™m not treble sensitive, but I do get fatigued listening to the DT 880 for instance. I didnā€™t get fatigued with these though, I ljust looked up the song he mentioned and, while I donā€™t know how it is supposed to sound, it did not hurt my ears or sound overly sharp to meā€¦
I donā€™t think there will be a great future in reviewing audio gear for me haha.

1 Like

They just reimbursed my order. Guess no more gk10 for me. I still think some of the guys that love it and feel their sets are different than the graphs, got Lucky on the QC. I dont need new iems anyway, so dont wanna gamble

2 Likes

If there really are QC issues and mine are a good set, theyā€™re not that special IMO. Itā€™s a nice addition to my collection since I didnā€™t have a set with a piezzo driver or any other 3 types of drivers, but theyā€™re not replacing any of the IEMs I have and use.

3 Likes

Some qc differences explainedā€¦ Lul

2 Likes

So itā€™s like an official bribery basis? Thereā€™s a fee for them to do it in a timely manner?? You picked the right B wordā€¦

1 Like

I have updated my review and dropped it from 4 stars to 2. I will not recommend an item with such bad QC, even if itā€™s ā€œjustā€ $45.

5 Likes

Not even mad I backed down. Guess I dodged a bullet.

1 Like

1 Like

Well I think they took a step in the right direction by getting involved with the customers directly and addressing, albeit not actually fixing, the QC problems. Who knows, maybe the gk100 will be tested better, I still think the GK10 would have been a good set of theyā€™d charged $55 and made sure all sets that were sent out were good.

1 Like

Members of the Trade must contact the forum administrator at [email protected] to notify him of an interest in posting before making any posts

Well yeah so they forgot that, but still. TBF they did join the forum and addressed the QC issues, promising a new item without having to send the faulty one back to them. Iā€™m not set m saying they didnā€™t fuck up and I still wouldnā€™t recommend the GK10 to anyone, but they could still learn and become better.
I will not be one of the first to buy the GK100 though, thatā€™s for sure :P.

@Rikudou_Goku are you still getting a pair?

Got my pair today. I can say after 15min with it that I like it a lot. The piezos carry lots of treble energy but isnā€™t grating.

Center image depth above average too, especially at the price. Pleasantly surprised!

Stage width slightly above average, doesnā€™t feel limited.

Bass not as strong as I thought it would be based on graphs. Lower mids are saturated giving it a full sound that I dig! I canā€™t stand thin sounding IEMs and I rather risk some bloat than have it be anemic.

3 Likes

Supposedly. Guess the ā€œmarketingā€ is so strong it keeps getting out of stock lol.

1 Like

If I wasnā€™t saving my $50 token for the Mele, I might have taken the gamble on theseā€¦ I love what I hear from the positive cases. I think Iā€™ll have to take the lottery second hand.

1 Like