Gizaudio IEM Discussion Lounge (Ranking, Impressions, News)

On the graph, the Pilgrim looks brighter than the Volare. Since the Pilgrim has less eargain, it allows the treble to shine through more, which leads to a brighter sound overall and less natural timbre decay when compared to Volare.

Volare’s decay from upper mids to treble is more “normal” you can say.

1 Like

Sounds like a job for MSEB

Curious to how it stacks up against the Hype 4, thoughts?

Really not a fan of the 1.5K bump lol

What’s MSEB?

From memory, both are good. Spending more time with Hype 4 now that I bought one, and I find myself liking it more and more. But we’ll see after I A/B test.

But so far both are pretty good.
Hype 4 is more “normal” good, while Pilgrim is wow factor good.

2 Likes

Wow factor as in like the vocals pop more I’m guessing? Seems like Hype 4 might feel bigger in the staging from that extra air, but no rush Timmy, thanks for the takes

1 Like

Hiby Mage Sage Eight Ball

2 Likes

Haha indeed. It is for already tagged local audio files. very light weight. Navidrome is definitely better.

1 Like

Cadenza4 which graphs simulator Pilgrim, the forward pinna really helps pushing the vocals in a natural way compared to a 3k boost.

Cadenza 4 has both a smaller 1.5K gain, more 3K, and less low-end which you need if you’re going to boost the 1.5K and push the vocals forward, or else the combination of the extra low-end plus the forward vocals will make the vocals sound congested and unnatural. The extra bass should be fine since it’s adjusted back at 200, but the dip at 3K+1.5K+more bass might be an issue. The pilgrim most likely won’t be bad vocal wise, but just not top tier probably.

It has the same uppermids cut like the Dusk but even warmer and more boosted 1.5K with less air :man_shrugging:

If we’re going off balance, Hype 4 does what the Pilgrim is trying to do but better, bassy but fixes itself back at 200hz, and then less 1.5K and more uppermids/treble extension, and the Hype 4 is already pretty smooth, but that’s just my guess :+1:

3 Likes

Are we reviewing graphs now? Lol

3 Likes

Yup, it’s fun to guess and see :+1:
Not that deep

3 Likes

Bro is in tuning mode locked tf in

3 Likes

itsup

2 Likes

Graphs and reviewers go hand in hand unless ur @ZeosPantera :grin:

2 Likes

I remember talking to Joe years ago about giving us users control of the back end… like some of my guitar pedals…that level of control would be sweet! It was considered…Ha
Love the idea of MSEB - I still get better/ more natural results with EQ though

1 Like

Volare!!

Pretty damn good IEM. Gotta appreciate the channel balance here too.
The $300 to $500 range has been getting a lot of great additions lately.

The old gems:
Moondrop Variations
Mangird Xenns Top
Dunu SA6
Moondrop Blessing 2 DUSK
ThieAudio Oracle (MK1)

The new generation:
Aful Performer 8
Softear Studio 4
Moondrop DUSK
ThieAudio Hype 4
Elysian Pilgrim
I/O Volare
HiSenior Mega5EST (haven’t tried this but most people seem to love it)

2024 is a good year

15 Likes
5 Likes

Torn between DaVinci and Pilgrim lol. Looks like it’s a job for just waiting it out

I am torn between DaVinci and the Sliivo SL41 MkII atm…$100 difference but since my fav and the only IEM that I still own is the Galileo, I have a hard choice since Timmy’s tuning seems to gel with me. But, the review @ToneDeafMonk put out about the SL41 also piqued my interest in a very positive way. Decisions…decisions… :thinking: