šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

OK itā€™s official. These are now officially my favorite headphones for punk, ska, Dio/Rainbow/old Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Doobie Brothers. I could go on, and thereā€™s definitely a lot of music I donā€™t like them with unless you EQ them but some just sounds how it should. Oh, and I really like them on tubes. I never really actually liked tubes before but Iā€™m really feeling the way these sound on tubes.

4 Likes

Donā€™t be stupid like me, I call this curiosity killed the catā€¦ bye bye $650ā€¦

17 Likes

comparison please,
thank you so much,

1 Like

Did you damage them?

did it break?

and the magnet only on one side?

Yeah trying to put it back together my fingers slipped into the filmā€¦ I was trying to use clamps the the magenta are crazy strong.

Blockquote

4 Likes

Both

4 Likes

That hurts.

3 Likes

To be honest Iā€™ve been depressed lately, and it almost doesnā€™t seem realā€¦ But itā€™ll kick in when. I have to buy another pairā€¦ I contacted lionsonā€¦ hopefully I can just buy the driverā€¦

5 Likes

Depression sucks, I hope you find a way out.

6 Likes

Thank you, I just hope I can buy another driver or something. I just had to be the one that wanted to take them apart :rofl:

5 Likes

I would have just put it together and sent it in telling them it suddenly stoped working lol

I was trying to put it back together, the magnets are offset. I was trying to get them to align with a clamp to pushing them in the right spot, to much Forse magnets popped apart, and my thumb made friends with the film

1 Like

I just got this headphone and I love it! The detail! So much detail! And it sounds so good. Anyone notice that it comes with D shaped pads now? I guess it enhances the bass. Anyway I love the way it sounds

1 Like

Bloody hell!

Iā€™m no expert by any means, but 2 things Iā€™m wondering:

1. If the cable is short and thereā€™s no strong EM interference around you, what benefit does a balanced connection have over unbalanced? Iā€™m not getting any distortion, hissing or any other sonic abnormalities on my unbalanced connection with these headphones.

2. Iā€™m literally using the GL2000 on a simple SoundBlaster G6 (mainly for gaming). On high gain, I canā€™t put the volume past 30% or Iā€™d go deaf. Sound quality is great too. Sounds like plenty of power to me. Am I missing something?

Iā€™m actually genuinely curious because I see people with crazy powerful amps for relatively low impedance headphones, and I never saw why those were necessary. It seems like overkill.

1 Like

Actually the Dekoni Elite Hybrids ended up working great for the TH900ā€™s. Also bought the Elite Sheepskin Fenestrated ones, but the hybrids turned out to be better.

I gotta say, even with the enhancement of my TH900ā€™s, I still find myself switching between my TH900ā€™s and the GL2000ā€™s. You definitely canā€™t beat the bass of the TH900, but I just love the openness of the GL2000ā€™s. Iā€™m definitely keeping them, and Iā€™ll likely alternate between the two depending on what Iā€™m looking for for certain types of games/music.

Itā€™s not just a matter of how much raw power it has, but also how clean that power is. What are its characteristics from AMP to AMP? Better soundstage, separation, etc.,. etc.,. Can you notice any distortion? All of that factors in as well. From what Iā€™ve seen from people that run their headphones balanced is theyā€™ve usually noticed an audio improvement. Of what kind it varies from person to person.

2 Likes

hey if its not too painful can you tell me if the grills pop out? i am super interested in 3d printing some grills and i just havenā€™t taken the plunge of opening them up yet.

Ooof sorry to see that :cry: but I quite understand how that can happen as those planar magnets are indeed powerful, I remember going a few rounds with them when I was modding my Phantoms :magnet::zap::muscle:
Hopefully you can source a new driver and save a few :dollar::+1:

2 Likes