šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

yeaaaah no, I have spent easily over two weeks listening to pairs of these and itā€™s just not happening. Regardless of the expensive equipment I have at my disposal, regardless on how it did improve after burn in, itā€™s not better than some of the $350 headphonesā€¦ it does soundstage exceptionally well and thatā€™s really it in comparison. Not a bad headphone not at allā€¦ its just not worth that price tag

I really should keep an eye on resolve and metal a bit moreā€¦ they do very good reviews in my opinion and tend to tell you anything youd really need to know about a headphone including measurements, comparisons to other similar headphones, and other smaller details of the sound presentationā€¦

1 Like

Z needs to balance out his reviews a bit. Dethonray honey, thereā€™s plenty to say about it on the downside. And plenty on the upside. But all we hear is the upside. Okay he mentions the obvious like it has no bluetooth. But actual important things like jumpy volume control, bugs in firmware, some quality control,ā€¦ Gl2000ā€¦ well ā€¦ no need to repeat whatā€™s said above. Itā€™s too bad heā€™s not more complete in his reviewing. People do go off of it and itā€™s an expensive hobby. Do some research, get people a balanced review. Iā€™m not going off of reviewers anymore. I go off of forums and many many opinions over one ā€˜expertā€™. That being said, I still watch the channel because itā€™s entertaining. But itā€™s not helpful if youā€™re in the market to buy something.

1 Like

i think he realizes this ive notived a big change in him since he moved to the house. and maybe right before. very little time spent unless its a huge item and not even then. its like off the cuff ā€œreviewingā€ and i think he thinks he can twist it into him being so naturally good that its better for him to not know anything about it or do any research because it could only degrade his amazing perception when i really think he has his patreons and thats all he needs and if he can just throw out a video hes cool. and i think this new measuring kick people are on is frustrating him more and more. especially after gl2k. not that measurements are even close to everything. idk hes funny but its gotten so lazy that its not even fun to watch anymore. he doesnt care. he even admits it regularly. shame. also i love how his fix for not getting the same views is to do less videos lmao like bro you eat food and talk with food in your mouth while opening a box for a job and complain about work. jesus christ.

3 Likes

You can tell he is lazy just from his physique over the years, fatter and fatter

I think the hyper analyzing of Z can be a bit much imo. Itā€™s easier to take Zeos if you just accept heā€™s doing first impressions. He tells us all how heā€™s doing his reviews so itā€™s not really surprising but maybe irksome for some people who donā€™t prefer the sort of review style Z does. Dude also seems burned out.

Also thereā€™s a z shill thread for this.

4 Likes

To be fair none of us fuckers would be posting anything or moaning on here if Z and DMS hadnā€™t set up HFGF in the first placeā€¦It would good if you guys could keep this thread on topic and post any issues you have with reviewers etc in eitherā€¦

Or

:beers: :v:

10 Likes

you cant complain because they made the space you are complaining on is one hell of a lame justification. off topic is fair enough although it relates directly to this product and what amounts to basically a scam but ill keep the fact that he ā€œcreatedā€ the forum and that i should be grateful because like you said i wouldnt be posting anything. its not like there is a 100 other forums holy shit.

5 Likes

After mods it is probably worth 600 (sound wise) but again, I havenā€™t had any 600 usd headphones for longer than few hours. Would be nice to have ananda for comparison

Wow this thread has exploded in more ways than one since the last time I visitedā€¦

I wonder how much of the difference heard between what Z got and what others got it purely down to the difference types of hybrid pads that were distributed.
I got the D shaped hybrids. Zā€™s hybrids were oval and appeared on video to have slightly different materials.
I wonder if the easy fix is for Gold Planar to make the all the pad options available as aftermarket land CHEAP given this should never have happened in the first place)

Iā€™m enjoying my GL2000 but very curious as to whether there is more to get out of them.

Iā€™m hoping that given Z has mentioned on multiple occasions that he is working on resolving the issues with the GL2000, that heā€™ll release an update video with his findings (and hopefully a solution to getting the same experience he had)

I have both variants and the pads really donā€™t change anything. I think itā€™s all down to QC issues. @Knee_Deep_In_Epoxy

1 Like

Ananda has much smaller soundstage and sounds way more clean and detailed than GL2000 (from my 15 min trial at the shop).

the freq response is the same with both pads its been tested because thats what Z was trying to say before that ā€œthe pads are different so my opinion about them being the best thing of all time is still trueā€ and now its that he has the best pair ever made and the rest are just bad QC. everyone will forget in 6 months . whats he going to do claim that he can tell the difference? we all know he doesnt believe in measurements which is a nice coincidence. either way everyone should enjoy them just dont take advice from a salesman on what to buy. im sure it sounds decent enough and hopefully you all got good deals on them and enjoy. nothing wrong with it. maybe the mods are great.

eh? I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s much smallerā€¦ but it is smaller in terms of the width between the two. Itā€™s not a very drastic changeā€¦ but yeah I will absolutely agree ananda is much cleaner and detailed in comparisonā€¦ Ananda in terms of sound performance practically kills this headphone other than build quality, soundstage, and bass imoā€¦ hence I usually compare this with Sundara instead

Yep, the width is what I had to point out. I wonder if I should mod my pair. The other option is to sell it for Arya. I just need this type of soundstage in my collection for sure.

Iā€™d definitely try the mod. Itā€™s reversible if youā€™re careful. @PavelCoelho

1 Like

I have to agree, I love the mod! It opens up the headphone, increases the airy-ness, clarity and dynamic. Takes away the nasally sound in the vocals too! I absolutely love the soundstage and instrument separation of the GL2000!!

1 Like

I run these headphones on my monolith THX dac/amp combo with DIRAC on and I got to say they became my instant favorite headphones. DIRAC fixes the gripes of the headphones while increasing soundstage.

Iā€™m on the same setup. I have yet to encounter a headphone that I like using Dirac with, but this ampā€™s built-in EQ is what saved and then perfected these headphones for me. Iā€™ve tried EQ software and there always seems to be something sloppy about it, but the amp EQ always performs flawlessly.

The instrument separation and sound stage is really good on these headphones after the mod. I grab these over my Diana v2 and Th900 on certain type on music.

1 Like

Interesting, what Planar would you recommend for a similar price ?