šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Having owned the Aeon RTs for a little while I would say you made a good choice. Although, I donā€™t have a GL2000 to compare them to. As far as sound goes, the Aeon RT open, I canā€™t speak for the closed version, had a very intimate sound where everything sounded as if it was directly next to you, in all directions, no matter where the sound originated. Definitely slightly ā€œV-shapedā€ which made them fun, had a good amount of detail, and were great at imaging. Most of my listening is done through the Ether CX as a reference. Overall, I think the only thing the Aeon RT has over the Gold Planar GL2000 is the build and maybe the comfort. It goes without saying that if youā€™re buying a Mr.Speakers headphone itā€™s going to be built well.

Just got another note from Linsoul directly from their Amazon store page (just to make sure the first email I got from them was accurate). Looks like Iā€™m pulling the trigger boys! 20% restocking with free shipping on return isnā€™t too bad of a risk.

They state:

-Please keep everything original in the package, including the accessaries. We will issue refund once receive and test the returned product.
-Please note restocking fee (20%) may apply based on returned product condition. We will inspect each product and contact you if necessary.
-Please return the product with a suitable express to the US address concerning it is overweight and oversize.
-Please email the shipping receipt to us so we can reimburse shipping fee for you.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty interested in these headphones, Iā€™m especially interested in which amp makes these things really shine. I want to upgrade from my little Atom.

Look into the a50s. Apparently the balanced out is pretty powerful. That or the A90 is what Iā€™ve been deciding between.

Zeos really like the Dethonray Honey as it added at taste of Class A warmth. The A50s or anything linear will sound good. There was also the ifi with the xBass and 3D sound that he liked as well. I personally just ordered the Honey as I like a warmer less analitic sound that I find common to most planars. Of course, you canā€™t go wrong with the Topping.

EHā€¦?

3 Likes

They are discussing both versions (double and single sided) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS1bhzRe-Kk

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations, Mason_Mena, Roger_Huston. Iā€™ll do more research.

11 year old for scaleā€¦ā€Hey dad what are those?ā€

21 Likes

why does the headphone wear a kid tho?

9 Likes

Coool,Daddys Toys,typical :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be ordering this the A50 and D50 on Tuesday.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m leaning towards

Thanks! Andrew has not the best opinion on it, he says the Ananda is betterā€¦

considering the signatureā€¦ I will have to sit this against the Arya and Anandaā€¦ I absolutely loved my Ananda when I had them still working, now that they are broke I would be okay with this as a potential replacement if it sounds good enoughā€¦ Guess I will find out for myself whenever they come in.

The tl;dr I got from his comments was it has Sundara like details (not a bad thing) with some of the extra detail / instrument separation / sound stage of the Arya. And yeah, he doesnā€™t like the FR / tune. Itā€™s weird that he likes the leather pads more when everyone else likes the hybrids. Personally, I cancelled my Drop order and ordered an open box Arya from Hifiman. Iā€™ll keep an eye on reviews as they come out, might pick up a used GL2000 once things calm down in 6 months or so.

1 Like

Oh dear, I am really trying to avoid this hype train, ever since Iā€™ve heard Zeosā€™ review my interest has been more than piqued!

There might be only thing that might save me from financial ruin and a major domestic dispute. My only means to be able to use headphones is via my Astell & Kern Kann Alpha DAP. Therefore, the defining factor and $600 question to determine whether the hype train will arrive at my station is whether my DAP be able to drive the GL2000s? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi
A50S and D50S stack.
The A50S corrected the output impedance of the A50. Also the 4.4 balanced output puts out huge power. I owned the A50 and picked up the A50s once it was released.

1 Like

So hi-fi headphones cannot be repaired after the warranty period, if you pay for it of course? Thatā€™s at least what Linsoul messaged me about the GL2000, which is weirdā€¦ because you knowā€¦ you throw a pile of money at them and, after the warranty period, even if a stupid wire needs to be fixed - you canā€™t? Such a wasteā€¦

Is 4.4 big in Asia or something? Seems like an odd choice to me that they terminated it that way instead of 1/4 or XLR.

Iā€™ve noticed a lot of the Chinese stuff is including 4.4.