šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Hi. I donā€™t think @MazeFrame meant any disrespect but I also agree that response can come off as a bit sharp. The A90 has been around longer than the L30 and has lots of users so I think the odds are much lower it will have headphone-killing failure. My read on the L30ā€™s issue is they tried to jam A90 tech into a a budget price point and ended up cutting a few important corners to do so, which got them into trouble. Even so, if they cut corners there I have to wonder where else theyā€™re doing it. My personal position is to avoid Topping and SMSL (same umbrella company) amps until we know more. Their DACs and other source gear wonā€™t kill headphones, though.

4 Likes

I doesnā€™t matter what they write on the declaration papers, the officers doesnā€™t even read thatā€¦ they ask you to send them the invoice and/or the bank transfer receipt.

@PavelCoelho: do you live in the above written counties? I donā€™t know how they do that, but it should be inside EU or outside, from VAT and taxes point of view.

1 Like

If you accepted it, i think you will pay the full VAT and import Taxes, that will be a serious price increase!
Also on the Amazon DE page itā€™s clearly written, that what you pay at the end is the final price, with all VAT included.

1 Like

Iā€™m not from Germany, I just use a local delivery company that has an office there, which is pretty much the same thing. But Iā€™ve no idea wtf is going on with this VATā€¦

Where was it clearly written? I saw on my payment that VAT=0, nothing else. Is this calculated (included), is it not (excluded)? Itā€™s just 0. Wtf does it mean? Who knowsā€¦

It depends on how accommodating customs is.
When I bought my Fostex Hp A3 on Amazon and went through a Japanese dealer, I didnā€™t pay anything except the price that was advertised on the web.

Amazon has a different policy than others.
In the worst case, write to Amazon customer support.

My wife often orders stuff from China and it always comes as advertised.
Nevertheless, you have to be careful, because sometimes the shipping price includes customs clearance.

Iā€™ll put it this way if Amazon doesnā€™t notice this and doesnā€™t do anything, be happy.
They rip off their own employees and some of their customers.
So itā€™s a win-win situation for the customer.
The main reason is actually that Amazon dictates to the retailer how he has to declare the matter.
And if the retailer does this and it is obvious to customs, customs will not ask.

When I bought the Singxer through Shenzen, DHL wrote to me asking me to submit an invoice so that they could determine the customs clearance.
Probably wouldnā€™t have happened via Amazon.

Alrighty, I pulled the trigger on a pair. Hopefully, these will being some variety to my current listening experience as I only have the Ether CX to listen to right now. Having to sell my Mangird Tea IEMs to help with the cost.

This: gl2000
And if you go to the link there, itā€™s explained further more.

2 Likes

Here is an excerpt from Amazon regarding the sales tax:
This means that if you ship to France, the headphones cost 2% more than in Germany.
I also suspect that the customs duties were included in the final price in the 525ā‚¬.
You donā€™t have to pay for them indirectly.
Amazon will get you the headphones at price X, regardless of whether they end up coming from Mexico, Africa or the USA.
Otherwise it would say ā‚¬25 shipping plus ā‚¬75 customs and import fees as an example of the shipping costs.

For goods offered on the website of Amazon.de and shipped to destinations within the European Union (EU) and Northern Ireland, VAT must be calculated according to the laws applicable within the EU and the tax rates varying within the member states. The amount of VAT to be charged depends on various factors, such as the identity of the seller, the nature of the product purchased and the destination to which the product is to be shipped.

The prices on our website are shown in euros and include German VAT. Please note that the final price depends on the actual sales tax applicable to your order. For orders from other EU countries, the German VAT will be deducted and the VAT applicable to the country of destination will be calculated. You can see the final price including the VAT rates applicable to the ordered items on the last page of the order form.

2 Likes

Short 2min review

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=309240573849206&_rdr

2 Likes

The post I was responding to was about the GL2000 for use with Topping A50 / 90. Contextually, my post had more to do with corroborating Zeos view of using a linear stack vs a Class A like the Honey for example and how the GL2000 might benefit from something different than a pure linear approach. Hense my comment that you canā€™t go wrong with Topping meaning in a linear direction. Yet, it was this comment that @MazeFrame pulled out of context from my post to jump down my throat about how a lower end version of an Amp that we werenā€™t even talking directly.

This was my first day on the forum and this was my very first post and I get someone taking a phrase out of context to prove a point I wasnā€™t even trying to make. If this forum is just full of trolls looking to snipe posts for their own pleasure, I want no part of that. I came here hoping to learn something, not be attacked at every turn. I came back here to disable notifications, but I read your post and it was considerate so perhaps I will give it 2nd chance.

1 Like

easy chief, I am sure he meant no ill intent with itā€¦ hes more than likely just upset about it as much as other people when it comes to topping right now and wanted to raise the point about it. This forum has a lot of wonderful and very knowledgable people, not trolls which are weeded out rather quickly. Try not to be too sensitive when it comes to the forum eitherā€¦ some people do make some snarky remarks from time to time. Sucks that was your first interaction here thoughā€¦ hopefully from now on you will get much more positivity yeah?

On a Side note, wondering when I will get confirmation of shipment on this headphone :thinking: I got a few amps Iā€™d like to try it on ā€¦ most specifically the Liquid Platinum and I really want to see if I will like this headphone. The mention of the A90 has me curious how that would perform as well, since I have that in house as well

5 Likes

The GL2000s wonā€™t be effected by a modmic?

oh the magnet, yeah not sure on that lol

Because of the magnets. Just wondering since the membrane of magnets is on the outer side as well right?

What did you think I was referring to? The mic part itself? lol

Another impression I stumbled upon at drop. https://drop.com/buy/gold-planar-gl2000-planar-magnetic-open-back-headphones/talk/2763601?utm_source=linkshare&referer=HZXXUX

1 Like

Heā€™s spot on about Yosi, itā€™s great. Iā€™m nowhere near even 12 hours burn in but Iā€™m excited to see improvements. This does respond well to EQ, especially in the bass when needed or wanted.

2 Likes

The bass and my very scared wallet is whats keeping me from hitting the buy button. Maybe iā€™ll play with EQ after allā€¦

1 Like

Bass is enough donā€™t get me wrong but on heavy electronic I push it up 2-3db at 110, shelf eq, and itā€™s just this punchy wide macro sound that keeps getting better. Imaging is incredible.

1 Like