šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Sold out on drop

1 Like

VAT, gets you every time. Probably import costs too since it has free delivery. That titanium version looks a lot better though.

2 Likes

I put my order in. When I first looked at the design it looked like a T+A Solitaire P that cost $6400.00. Itā€™s not a complete look alike but almost close.

1 Like

I was excited about the solitaire p, but from people I know who have tried one, it hasnā€™t been the most positive experience for them lol, although they did like the accompanying HA 200 for an all in one (but imo T+A has always done a better job with source gear anyways). Also T+A just released the solitaire p-se which is a cheaper P, wonder how that fares considering itā€™s half the price

Back to pre order on Drop, I guess they just blew through their initial allocation.

1 Like

I think the trend of packing cans in Pelican style rugged cases has jumped the shark. I think most people would rather have the $ saved by the vendors ditching that put into better quality cables or materials.

I may be wrong though. Who knows.

10 Likes

I tell you when I get the Solitaire P. Iā€™m getting it because it has amazing bass and from wrote people have said itā€™s in bass head territory.

Iā€™m hoping the GL2000 has a lot of bass with good mids and highs.

3 Likes

If you guys are comfortable with buying directly to China through Taobao, here is the link to Gold Planarā€™s official store for the GL2000 https://m.tb.cn/h.47jnRj0?sm=13a8b2

which is weird, they only sold 70 or so before it sold out, when the sale gets close to closing Iā€™ll prob preorder a set unless someone can convince me I donā€™t need a set.

Is this the new messiah or very naughty boy? lolā€¦ way too much hype @DMS

2 Likes

whatā€™s the best way to buy them in Europe? I mean the fastest and to avoid taxes maybe?

1 Like

Iā€™m having Thieaudio Phantom hype eye twitch flashbacks.

11 Likes

true. as one who bought the phantoms over year ago , i really tempted to buy these, btw the phantoms are just amazing and i love them so much that i donā€™t really know if i need an upgrade xD

2 Likes

I didnā€™t like the phantom because it sounded like crap without modding it.

3 Likes

I took a punt on tin P1 and was rewarded, but Ā£500 is quite a different prospect. Will wait until theyā€™re in the hands of the many.

6 Likes

You are not wrong. No idea what that case costs to produce, but even if it would only reduce the total price by 5 bucks Iā€™d rather not have it sent to me. I fact, I would prefer an entirely minimalist packaging experience for a cheaper price. Send it in a plain cardboard box with paper stuffing and Iā€™d be perfectly happy. I donā€™t need a fancy box and case that Iā€™m NEVER going to use again but are too nice to throw away.

3 Likes

Very wise, think Iā€™ll be doing the same now that Iā€™ve had a couple of days to cool down.

1 Like

Exactly that! Once the initial excitement passes we can wait and seeā€¦ :eyes:

so mass drop is now back at preorder. they sold there stock, but it looks like the discounted price is going to stick aground another 6 days. I hope to see more reviews pop up before then.

1 Like

Zā€™s review definitely got me excited, but the way heā€™s hyping it upā€¦makes me wonder just a bit. Youā€™re telling me these cans have no cons/disadvantages at all? How does the bass compare to the TH909?

Aside from music, would these cans have a practical application for gaming too like the 909ā€™s?

1 Like