šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

yeah I am hoping soon to hear some comparison to other cans. Bass vs bass mid vs mid treble vs treble. I want to know how they stack up to specialized sets of headphones in those regions.

wellā€¦Crinacle is of quite a different opinion on these, so Iā€™d wait for more reviews to surface to get a better perspective on these.

Initial impressions

These impressions are based on the single-sided variant of the GL2000, which costs $550. The double-sided variant costs $600.

• General neutral-warm-ish signature with relaxed treble.
  • Vocals tend to get honky and nasally. Not the most natural tonality, but not the most offensive thing Iā€™ve heard either.
  • Leather and perforated hybrid pads only slightly differ between each other (sound-wise). Perforated hybrids sound a bit more tonally balanced to me.
  • Technicalities are decent but also nothing out of the ordinary within the $500 price bracket.
  • Purely sound-wise, Iā€™d still pick a Sundara over the GL2000.
1 Like

That is the single magnet version, Zeos reviewed the double magnet one.

6 Likes

Just bought the double, will report back soon.

2 Likes

Feb 10 ship date. From drop.

3 Likes

So if I pre-order from Drop, how long will it take them to ship the headphones?

It says ā€œarrives Feb 8 - March 4ā€, so weā€™re gonna wait a lot in all casesā€¦

Drops says late April. But I donā€™t know. Cus if the people who bought from linsol get it before end of month then there is no reason Drop could not have it just as fast. I dont want to wait till April but until I know how fast Linsol can get them out its still up in the air who I order one from

by buying these you know zeosā€™ preferenceā€¦

1. more soundstage is better (no wonder he hates the M50s)
  2. planar magnetic
  3. good amount of bass (and a TIGHT bass at that if the sound demo is right)
  4. did I mention a lot of soundstage
  5. made in china
5 Likes

He does that. I would not think too much of it.
Careful with hype trains!

There are two concerns mentioned in the video. One being the cable breaking (points to manufacturing and QC issues) and the other being the swivel-screw unscrewing itself rather quickly.

Linsoul double magnet is now sold out. They only have single magnet in stock. As of 8:30pm EST 1/8/21.

Well, those are minor, lol. I meant disadvantages in terms of sound. Every headphone has at least some cons.

My main concern would be long term reliability considering planar drivers are prone to failure.

hell not even a con. every headphones has regions of audio that are inferior to another headphones in that same area. would be nice to get a breakdown of what other headphones do better or worse then it in those key spots.

How long we talkinā€™ Ive had 10 year old planars in the shop that worked fine.

3 Likes

Well there is the problem

3 Likes

If someone sends you a set of the single sided GL2000 would you review it and compare it directly to the double sided?

I should be able to ask linsoul for a set. All confirming will do is force them to lower the SS price even further.

3 Likes

Sigh, I went into this year deciding I was happy with my current audio setup and somehow have now purchased an A90 headphone amp, a set of Adam T5V monitors, and now the double magnet GL2000ā€™s all in the last week.

4 Likes

They could also raise the price of the double sided, since its so much better and is selling out.