🔶 GoldPlanar GL2000

Just be mindful there are 2 different versions of the headphone and the Crinacle review is based on the single magnetic version but it’s the double magnet version which has piqued most peoples attention including Zeos.

I have been keeping close tabs on this chat as I am seriously considering purchasing the double magnetic version but as a proud and happy owner of the Nighthawks and Sivga Phoenix I am not sure I need or have room for this headphone but would be interested to hear anyone’s views or comments on this!

1 Like

The Sundara is a really good Planar for the money to see what they can do imo.

2 Likes

Just got mine.
The silver part of the earcups is plastic,I thought i read somewhere that it was full metal?

I have the double magnet version. I find the
Mids have a haze over them and female vocals are forced upon you. I really wanted to like these cans.

If others enjoy them then I say keep enjoying them no matter what others say. We all hear things differently.

I think I prefer dynamic drivers so will focus on them.

3 Likes

Try sundara for bright … if you want bass look into argon… harman look into aeons… neutral some monoprice and these are sorta in that area… dark and rich look into audeze LCD 2

2 Likes

No, his review is based on the double magnet. He has both, measured both and his latest review is on the double magnet.

6 Likes

no he did both single and double sided

1 Like

Does anyone have a pair of LCD-2C’s and have compared them with the GL2K yet? I wonder if I should buy the LCD-2C’s down the road to compliment the GL2K or if it would be a waste of money (similar in sound signature/capabilities). I use a Topping DX7 Pro as a DAC/AMP for a reference. I also already have DT1990’s and 58X’s.

1 Like

I heavily eq my lcd2c but overall they have better bass and warmer trebble other then that i prefer my gl2000 over them in every other way and just sold my lcd2c after using my gl2000’s over the last month

3 Likes

Do you think adding a bass shelf would make the GL2000 more similar to the LCD2C or is it a matter of quality/positioning?

why do you prefer the GL2000 over the LCD2c? Honestly that juicy bass always attracts me to the lcd2c…

i find the lcd2c treble grainy which is annoying symbols don’t sound realistic and soundstage is smaller so makes me prefer the gl2000 more and i eq gl2000 with a 4 bass shelf

1 Like

i eq the bass on both headphones but find the lcd2c slams harder with better dynamics in the low end still and better quality bass sure

DMS opinion on GL2k after 15:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnEWxgSychM

4 Likes

I thought he would like it…wow!

Sorry, my bad :no_mouth:

Goddamn those are some nice pics :flushed::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Thank you for your impressions, been waiting for sure, if you have some ZMF pads laying around I’d definitely be interested how that combo sounds

I have previously owned planars - Audeze LCD2Cs and Sines, both of which I ended up selling, not because i thought they were bad headphones, I just thought they sounded ok and nothing spectacular. I think this was down to the fact i do all my listening portable via a DAP - i did own a Fiio M11 and have recently upgraded to an Astell & Kern Kann Alpha, the difference is signifcant in sound and reputably power (i haven’t got any hungry cans to test).

So i am seriously reconsidering adding a Planar headphone to my collection. I already own the Nighthawks and Sivga Phoenix, I really enjoy both headphones in their own right although I prefer the NHs for their original sound and imaging.

Therefore, if i was going to add a set of planars to compliment my existing headphone collection, do i get the Sundara’s f(which are currently $299) or the GL2Ks (the cheapest i’ve seen these for are $480)?

Where did you add the shelf at 100hz?