GOODBYE ARGONMK3 and 630VB-NEED ADVICE FOR NEW FUN HEADPHONES

ive used the protein first…then now this suede pads…holy sht…the sound stage and basss improve alot :smiley: i dont understand theoretically protein should have better bass.

I think it is because the suede gives a little bit longer decay, and the suede is a little less restricting to the sound, so it is a little bit warmer and more booming. I don’t know why the suede makes the soundstage and imaging so much more fun though, it is a bit of a mystery to me. A beautiful mystery…

sensei how can you explain the sound signature of these.i cant explain it…i can listen to hip hop and edm on these while it is really good for country/rock too like WTF lol

2 Likes

I would say a tad bit darker w shaped sound. It’s got great impact and slam with good subbass and midrange too, treble is good but not the highlight. The presentation is the real special sauce of the hawks imo, it’s got a more speaker like presentation by design that makes it a pretty interesting listen

1 Like

This is like looking back at myself from a few months ago in a time machine. Haha! My hawks are rocking a Periapt cable right now. I went searching shortly after I received the headphones because I loved the sound but didn’t want to deal with the cable. You might also take a look over at the Custom cable gallery thread. There are a couple other folks making cool stuff too. Hart Audio and CapistranoCables come to mind. They have cool options for swapping out interconnects for different sources so you don’t have to mess with adapters anymore. I’m thinking about transitioning over to this type of system as my collection of sources grows.

5 Likes

UPDATE:Nighthawks Carbon
As a competitive gamer i can tell that the soundstage and imaging are VERY comparable to my former M1060 which is a full planar driver.the pinpoint accuracy of enemies blew my mind for a dynamic driver
Unlike the argon MK3 that has fake soundstage and imaging…when i use them on gaming the postiion of enemies are wrong

4 Likes