šŸ”¶ Grado Ltd Edition Hemp

Forgot to mention I truly appreciate all of the experimentation you did as well

Also I need a headband, looking at the beautiful audio stuff, as I have no balls to even think about taking these apart

Believe me when I say the pads soften up and get more comfortable after about a week of exclusive and heavy use. I had some problems at first but I stuck with it because they sounded so good to me and now the comfort is not a problem. As for the headband, get an aluminum set from Shipibo and a headband like the accessory house global (AHG) one I linked in the SR60e/SR80e thread or a turbulent labs headband. Of course this spending is only worth it if you really like the headphones. Personally I think they are worth the grand total of $570 ($545 with the AHG headband) but itā€™s up to you to spend your money.

1 Like

Just made some more headphone purchases but my next round will be for these. I absolutely do, ive just been doing the rotation, would like to get everything all at once, but still nervous to take everything apart, but ur right I just need to tough it out and get the pads worn in

1 Like

I agree about the pads they softened up quite a bit after a while. Bending the headband ever so slightly to relieve the clamp a bit also helped.

3 Likes
1 Like

The misodiko pads are fine on the Hemps but the stock F-cush pads or TTVJ pads (same thing) are still the best. The misodiko pads sound about The same as the earzonk L style pads, so a bit less bass and slightly brighter highs. Overall the Hemps really donā€™t need pad swapped since the stock pads break in and become much more comfortable and they sound the best out of the options Iā€™ve tried.

2 Likes

I was really happy with the stock pads once they broke in until I put on my porta pros with yaxi pads. Those yaxi pads are soft and plush. Canā€™t beat the sound on the hemps though.

1 Like
1 Like

Been using them with the new headband for a while and it is super comfortable. Very happy with the quality as well.

2 Likes

I just found out, Rtings measured these.

Link: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#16289/3992

5 Likes

i love this headphone would take it any day over a Focal Elegia, M40X, DT770. Do wish we had a better alternative for pads but these were a win for meā€¦

1 Like

At this point my ears have been broken in just as much as the pads. They sound so good that I genuinely didnā€™t care about the early discomfort. Now Iā€™m goid for a few hours.

2 Likes

Do you know what target curve us being used?

i havenā€™t used exclusive so itā€™s taking me a bit longer, been using the Olloā€™s the last couple weeks

Harman, with their own slight modifications, but I still trust em.

Edit: RAW data is available, too.

1 Like

I looked at the raw graph and it seems consistent with other raw grado graphs Iā€™ve seen, but I personally donā€™t hear the peaks at 2k and 9k or the dip at 6k. The peak at 2k is really strange for me since I tend to be sensitive to peaks in the upper mids but the Hemps really donā€™t bother me at all.

Just tested with a tone generator and I can hear a SMALL peak at 2k, a dip at 6k, and then it comes back up by 9k, but the 9k is not at all a peak to my ears. It sounds about equal with 10k and up. My point is, if you were considering these and that graph with what looks like an ice pick at 9k scared you, donā€™t be. The treble, while bright, is very smooth and the upper mids are not as bad as the graph makes them look either.

Edit: just double checked and it is in fact not a peak at 9k for me and the 6k dip is not as bad as the graph makes it look.

1 Like

Saw your post on the ā€œwhat did you buy todayā€ where you linked to your Spotify page. Iā€™m liking your stuff. Itā€™s nice and chill with a hotline miami vibe sometimes. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Forgot to mention Iā€™m listening with the Hemps and they are a nice mix with your music. Smooth and warm but with enough top end for those cymbals and what not.

1 Like

I mean I got the SR60s already, itā€™s their signature 2khz peak and (9-to-12khz?) peaks, some are more sensitive to it than others ā€“ and some Grados do it less (and are less painful lol) than others. But ā€œmids are where the music isā€ so itā€™s hard to ā€œhearā€ a peak at 2khz. Just that (imho) Grados ā€œcheatā€ so much by boosting the mids that every other headphones sound lifeless next to em after switching.

And by cheating I mean, itā€™s euphonic. And pleasant. Iā€™m still interested by the GW100s. :stuck_out_tongue: