šŸ”¶ Grado SR60e / SR80e

Hey man thanks for the info and Iā€™ll definitely check them out.

1 Like

Was not expecting those kind of prices but they do look very nice. Iā€™ll probably wait to see how they feel with the L cushion and if they really bother me but I like the sound of the headphone then Iā€™ll probably bite the bullet and get a set of the Beautiful Audio pads.

Woohoo another sr325e owner. @Ohmboy can we get new thread? It may make more sense to also include the 125 and 225 since these all donā€™t get much attention

Also I found the g cushions to reduce the lows some. which you donā€™t want. I didnā€™t find the difference to be that large though

Tiz done mate :+1:

1 Like

@Marzipan so I just picked up these last night, same S style that comes with them, was a recommend I saw up in this thread, I posted in the other thread to see which models to go up to because now Iā€™m like holy crap if these sound this good whatā€™s above?

EARZONK - Replacement Headphone S Ear Cushions - Compatible with Grado 60i, 60e, 80i, 80e, 125i, 125e & More - Pair in Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW5U3HM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HcCgFb7SY8K1R

1 Like

You should maybe consider the Hemp LTD Edition. They are a bit more bassy and have smoother treble than other Grados. They are $420 and worth every penny.

2 Likes

These look interesting. The smoothed out treble and added bass is very appealing.

Iā€™ve been tempted since I saw the release, may just have toā€¦

1 Like

The best part is that the timber is the most natural Iā€™ve heard. These make well recorded acoustic music sound damn near like a live performance. My favorite album so far is KODO Heart Beat. I would recommend anyone with Grados give it a listen.

3 Likes

You had me at Natural Timbreā€¦ :heart:

My Lawton modded Fostex TH610ā€™s are the most natural timbre Iā€™ve ever heard. I actually sold my very good pair of LCD-X because I wasnā€™t using them any longer.

Iā€™m going to have to seriously consider these. Itā€™s also nice that Grado offers a balanced cable version (albeit at an excessive up-charge).

Thanks for the info!

Cheers!

1 Like

If you are willing to read a VERY long post, go check the official thread I linked. I wrote up a full review and did a lot of comparing with my X00 PH since they are both around the same prices.

2 Likes

Can confirm the 60ā€™s highs are more there but the 80ā€™s have more oomph, glad to have both but now scared I need to collect the whole set

Can confirm on the Beyer headband

4 Likes

I found this very interesting.

2 Likes

This makes a lot sense, thank you for finding

1 Like

Wait whoa, the red is the 80? Hmmm

1 Like

That seems like it might be mislabeled. Everything Iā€™ve heard says the 60 are less bass and more highs while the 80 are more bass and less highs (compared to each other). That graph is the polar opposite. I donā€™t know, I canā€™t find a graph that compares them or really even individual graphs from the same source for that matter, so I might be wrong.

1 Like

Exactly what Iā€™m hearing as well

Not me, Iā€™ve heard and seen the 60s having more bass and less treble. It doesnā€™t matter either way as they both are great. Fun and easy to mod as well.

Also and fyiā€¦that graph is from headroom. Tyll Hertsens used to work for headroom and setup their measurement rig right before he left for innerfidelity.

1 Like

This must be the unit variance you talk about, I am absolutely hearing less bass and more highs from the 60, what are your thoughts on the 125 and 225? In your experience