šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

@Ohmboy- legit curious which??..also realizing itā€™s comparing apples and oranges - open back over earā€¦to drivers pushing vibes directly down the canal.

I dont know IEMS that much at all lol.

Ant likes entertaining/lively Vā€™ish shape? then maybe the Urbanfun YBF 1 or Tin T2+ would be a good startā€¦small :dollar: big sound :+1:

1 Like

Ok iā€™m not going to say it.
That is partly why cable might not make any difference. Just by placing the headphones on little bit differently changes the sound more than the cable.

Plus if you really like the cable, your mind is already subconscious making the decision for you. Without you actually even knowing it. Thatā€™s also why people believe things they might see or even think they seeā€¦ and not actually seeing anything but pop in their brain.
Specially when ā€œbelievingā€ things.

I have literally seen that same cable, being sold under like 5 different names in the past 2 years.
Also bought it for my Hifimanā€™s that i sold, cheaper money but still, same cable for like 15$.

Itā€™s so made in china cable it cannot be even more. :smiley: I would be 500$ the copper ainā€™t even decent.

But i heard OFC copper is the best

To quote MONā€¦ā€œI personally have heard a difference in cables. On a half million dollar system. At that point it matters. For 99% a decent cable will do them just fine lolā€

Seems about right tbh

i try not to even touch the cable converstation with a 10 foot poll. because itā€™s so tricky, i mean itā€™s like other very touchy subjects *cough cough believing that someone is up there, where it might be true. but it canā€™t be proven and most people definetly MYSELF included are so finecky with wanting to believe something that itā€™s impossible to prove at times. Just let the man enjoy his new cable lol

2 Likes

Think we talked about advertisement in other topics. If itā€™s mentioned OFC it might not be even near it, like many things from china ainā€™t what they claim to be.

At audio eventā€™s i hear silver is far more better so OFC cannot be the best and what is ā€œbestā€™sā€ measurement type or angle? Hopefully not peopleā€¦ they are wrong soo many times.

About them Helios.
How could they leave the Phillips screw visibleā€¦ the metal and hole desing is actually excellent looking but them screwsā€¦ why? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Mine has a 6 point star screw on it.

As for cables i listen to one cable then the other. i pretty sure i know what i heard. who knows what garbage weā€™re getting with our headphones. companies are always trying to cheap it out on headphones and accessories for profit. New Neomusicia is sold everywhere. they seem to be a reputable company. They have a B grade from Fakespot and an average 4 out of 5 star rating on Amazon. looks good

Shure SRH940 comes to mind. They are a tad sharp in the highs though.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been curious about the Shure headphones. but i cant find anything on the web about the SRH950. did you mean the SRH940?

Yea but what if the pole was ofc?

4 Likes

yep, my bad

Lol
10 chrt

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna say it I donā€™t really sense any sort of veil in the 58xā€™s in any way shape or form and thatā€™s coming from someone who enjoys Abit of sparkle in the treble. It just has a relaxed treble response that appreciates with more listening time.

2 Likes

It is part of the fun to try different cables, Iā€™m not going to debate what you hear, but I do think comfort and convenience wise, the New Musica cables havenā€™t been my first choice, but they are definitely serviceable for the price.

Just curiousā€¦ the meze, elex, sundara, arya cables,and perhaps other headphones you have would work on the Helios as well (and vise versa) have you tried those cables yet?

And before you ask, so far I spent, <30 min with my pair. So verdict is still out for me, but I will say that I am at least 3rd owner of this pair. Iā€™ll make sure I listen to some A-Ha when I do try them out again.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not that they are collecting a lot of dirt and the like however it is something that I noticed that itā€™s quicker to get dirtied than most of my other headphones which is why I made that remark. I donā€™t particular thing it will lead to any large issues in that regard other than the ever present fingerprints that show up on the metal grills but these can be wiped off which is why I mentioned using a clothing cloth for it.

It is a nice cable. it is just unfortunate that the cable I have is already starting to fray perhaps just bad luck on my part.

I say more towards neutral bright as while I find the same that the bass is relatively punchy and has a good hit to it it sounds much like my other neutral - ish headphones in itā€™s bass tones. Itā€™s nowhere close to like my dt 990 tygrs or others that are known to be actually bassy. If we consider it a V I would say itā€™s fairly lopsided as the bass is elevated ever so slightly while the treble has quite a peak on it Instead I would say itā€™s more towards a U as a V would suggest it has more recessed mids which is not what I find here.

eh? Sennheisers. Tons of detail of them. Only ones I can think of in the Heliosā€™s price range that can compete outside of beyers in this case.

I would say in the $300 range these days if anything ā€¦ sundara can be bought for $250 and verum I heard was more dark(feel free to correct me on that one). It is nice. I think in your case ant you found the headphone that just really suits you.

I mean, I like that they are visible on the grill allows me ot take off the grill if I wanted to modify it and it doesnā€™t really stand out. Mine also arenā€™t regular regular Philips screws they are 6 point stars like ant mentioned

To be fair @Antpage2 the helios is completely in my signature preference. I personally think the build quality I have is making me hate the headphones more than I should and perhaps I havenā€™t given the headphone enough credit. Honestly, I do think you are hard pressed to find a better alternative at the price range outside of the beyerdynamics and the Sennheisers, which is why I compared it to the 599 they do indeed sound relatively similar but helios sounds bigger wider more depth more lively. The closest comparison I can think of with this headphone is most definitely the Sundara over there hence the reason I have considered keeping it

Best comment on this entire thread. :heart:

2 Likes

I hadnt thought of that. the Elex cable in particular looks like a serious cable. iā€™ll give it a shot

Kinda funny but i thought the Helios had more bass than the 990ā€™s iā€™ll take another listen. The 58x i do find veiled and that makes me want a headphone with more clarity. I also find the Sennheiser 58x 600 and 6xx dont have the detail of the Helios. though i could be its treble and presentation thats making the difference. Are you saying the Sundaraā€™s are 250$ used? Also i forgot to ask you what you thought of the timbre of the Helios. thats also unique to me. i have a theory that the wood and steel combo us making its timbre sound unique