šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

Before ripping the original padding off, I already had them for two weeks and was quite sure that I will never sell themā€¦ If you are unsure, solutions like the pilot pad might be less destructiveā€¦

1 Like

Yeah theyā€™re definitely much better than the 4xx for comfort on the headband, Iā€™ll just need to see how I get on with them and see if thereā€™s something I can do if it keeps annoying me

You could always get a headband cover for it. should provide more cushioning:

https://www.amazon.com/headphone-headband-cover/s?k=headphone+headband+cover

Or maybe this, it has adhesive on it

1 Like

I just bought this:

Iā€™ll let you know how it fits. its supposed to stretch. and it has a pretty nice cushion on it

lol. have to like the advertisement effort.
ā€œperfectly hidden zipperā€ riiightā€¦ when you clearly see black zipper next to the gray.
That ainā€™t even near a perfect. :laughing:

Yeah thatā€™s the sort of thing I was thinking, just want to look around and see what would be the best option if I do want to do that, which I most likely will

The one i got is pretty good. i looked around amazon and most of them dont stretch and are for specific headphones. this one says its universal and was the widest at over 2 inches. there was another one at 1 inch something. so not sure which one will fit the Helios. iā€™ll post when it gets here

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™d love to get something like the zmf pilot pad but thatā€™s Ā£40 before any postage costs :joy:

Hmm, guess I will have to look into the same sort of stuff as well as pad replacements if I decide to keep them. Shipping was changed and will arrive earlier than expected. Was supposed to arrive today actually but was delayed to tomorrow. Should be interesting to be able to finally audition these, hope itā€™s worth it.

For me the cushioning on the headband is fine. i just wanna trick out my favorite headphones lol. i bought a cool cable for it too

I received the headband cover today and it fit the Helios pretty well. I doubt the smaller one would fit but not sure. would be snug. adds some cushioning to the headband. for 13$ its not bad at all and looks nice:

Another option is the Dekoni Nuggets found here:

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-nuggets-headphone-headband-pressure-relief-pads-4-pack/

A little more expensive at 30$ but will provide more cushioning.

1 Like

The ZMF Pilot Pad should work. I use it with my Modded Fostex TH610. Itā€™s very comfortable, and extremely well made.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t @ZeosPanteraā€™s granny knit him a eco friendly merino wool headband pad incorporating a GoPro mount ?

1 Like

The Co-Pilot was released 1-2 weeks ago as well. Just to give a wider option if anyone is looking for that.

3 Likes

Got my item. Will be making a complaint due to box damage and looks like the headphones were originally taken out as the pads are pretty dirty. Donā€™t like being told a product is brand new and I get that shit. Though, I have to say out of the box I am fairly impressed. I would definitely place a cover over the top headband though, thereā€™s little inlets where the metal band is that allows dust and dirt to fill which is a tad bit obnoxious design wise lol bit of a nit pick, however itā€™s very comfortable decent clamp force and out of the box listening itā€™s just slightly larger soundstage than my 58x but it sounds as though its wider or has more depth to it in comparison which is really nice in my opinion. Going to sit down with these for a few days. Was expecting leather pads on it as thatā€™s what the picture shows but it came with what appears to beā€¦ suede? doesnā€™t feel like velour to me. Regardless very comfortable. I do find the pads a bit too wide in order to comfortable fit around the neck it constricts my neck so proper portable use for me is out, though I can probably break in the metal band which should fix that.

Going to spend a couple weeks with it and let it burn in while I stretch that band

3 Likes

Hey, quick question. Anyone know if the Dekoni Elite Velours that pair to the Beyerdynamics can work on this headphone? @Antpage2 you by chance got these and can test that? Asking cause I want a velour on these to really try out and see what it does to the signature. I donā€™t have my beyers on me right now I sent them to a buddies whoā€™s sitting down auditioning cause hes considering buying them himself. If anyones got some insight on these particular pads definitely let me know please

I love the signature and presentation so much on these that im reluctant to mess with it with different pads. I like how big a chamber the stock pads have and how they collapse when you put them on creating a good seal and bringing the ear closer to the driver.

That being said ive tried lots of different pads on them including the ZMF suede, perforated leather pads that come on the Auteur as well as the 5 random pads that i bought with it. and some others i had laying around. i found the stock suede sounded best to my ears

I mean, I despise suede with a burning passion lol. Hence, I am asking if those beyer pads will fit it. suede are hot on my ears and I just donā€™t like the feel. Honestly, suede and hybrids are the two pads I despise the most everything else is fair game.

Ordered another pair of dekoni elite velours lol. Will be in soon. Buddy of mine practically begged me for them since itā€™s borrowed and he wanted them for his soon to be 1990s. I did some looking at the lip for the helios thoughā€¦ honestly? I mean, even my XL pads from brainwavz fit this thing so I donā€™t think the dekonis elite velour will be an issue. Going to test that. However, I swear never use perforated on this headphone. That treble just straight up became sibilant for me killed it completely for me. Going to have my thoughts together on this headphone later this weekā€¦ and mind you I have some complaints, I never really think a product is perfect theirs always room to improve somewhere, it will be a good review. I actually really like this headphone

2 Likes