šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

A lot of reviews I see mention this headphone being v shaped and a high treble. Perhaps another like the dt 990

These are dynamic as well.

But I think I saw ant has a dt990 somewhere so I guess he could weigh in on that.

Or it may have been the 880. But yeah I see some that say it has good detail and some that say itā€™s almost too sharp in treble.

A pretty well known trick is for headphones manufacturers to dsp their headphones to add that elevation or even slight distortion to the highs and give the illusions of detail. Iā€™m suspicious thatā€™s whatā€™s happening here. Not that itā€™s bad. They do it on higher end headphones sometimes but Iā€™m curious for sure.

I would be interested in hearing that comparison. DT 990s are a phenomenal headphone, especially if you can tone down the treble a bit with the appropriate amp and make use of the premium 600 ohm.

But that would explain why Iā€™m reading a lot that say detail, and others that say shouty or even harsh. But again. Different strokes different folks.

Yeah I have the 990 but the 250 ohm I got on a sale for like 80 bucks. I think theyā€™re pretty good if youā€™re not treble sensitive for sure, which Iā€™m not but yeah they can get harsh. Iā€™ve only tried them on my jot and rnhp though. I oughtta try them on my tuba.

Personally I feel the premium 600 ohm variation has much less issues with the treble than the pro 250 ohmā€¦ its lower and smoothed out it just overall sounds alot better. I use the liquid spark with it which just all around brings it to light and tones the treble even more while I also use it with the topping d10 I dont feel that does anything significant enough least imo sound wise just helps me with the usual dac issues.

Yeah I read that the 600ohm does fix issue with the treble. Iā€™d have chosen those if the sale wasnā€™t too good lol. But even with the 250ohm theyā€™re not bad. But I can understand the criticism of them beating harsh too. Especially if sometime his connecting them to an already analytical amp lol.

Ok, lets watch and weā€™ll seeā€¦

Iā€™ll take the Helios over the 58x, 6XX, Meze 99ā€™s, T50rp, 4XX, Nighthawk, DT880 600Ohm, anyday and twice on sunday.

1 Like

hmm, reading the input is a 2.5mm and not a 3.5mm had me disappointed as a gamerā€¦ Canā€™t make use of v moda boom lol missed opportunities with such a low impedance

if its true that this has a V signature have you compared this to the dt 990s by chance?

I dont have the 990ā€™s

Iā€™ve seen some 2.5 ones they make that are pretty decent too. For like 25 bucks. That made them specifically for the Audio-Technica and sennheiser that use 2.5

My bad I thought I read you had tried them or the 880s somewhere.

Did they really? Now thatā€™s an entertaining thought. Easy to drive, applicable mic, and according to ant they are fantastic at a price. Will definitely need to keep an eye on these. Very curious on the comparisons vs a dt 990 these two are in the same price bracket with each other with a v signature and high treble

1 Like

I donā€™t have any personal interest in these headphones but loving the threadā€¦

11 Likes

I have the 880 600Ohms

Oh wait thatā€™s a single 2.5 mm though now that I think about it. Not dual 2.5

The boompro is also a single 3.5mm.

Your got my hopes up and dashed them all away! lol anyway design wise these would definitely be something I would wear around town with music especially if they perform that well