šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

I know that feelingā€¦ donā€™t submit to it! The rabbit hole has not bottom!

1 Like

The hobby comes at a cost! lmao. Yeah, I know.

Dont know if i can do it Acidleak. Iā€™m listening to them on my RNHP. Talking Heads ā€œNakedā€ album on 24bit/96kHz on my RNHP. and my god. These may be the greatest headphones ive ever heard! I was just comparing to the Auteurs, Elex, Aiva even! Theres something about these headphones. Cant stop dancing. what is it? i dont know. cant figure it outā€¦ :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not bailing Falenkor! Iā€™M STAYING ON!!! WOOO!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Glad you like them. These are very different headphones though, would be helpful I think to understand why that is. What are you hearing in the Helios that you are not hearing in the others, or at least what the are an improvement on. Bass, mids, trebble, sounstage, imaging, dynamicsā€¦

By telling us that, we would have some frame of reference into what it is you are hearing, and if someone is looking for a particular thing in a headphone they might see this and think thatā€™s exactly for them.

Mon had a very good write up on the X8 for instance. I knew after reading it whether I wanted it or not.

Just my 2c anyway.

I dont know if i have the vocabulary to do it. They seem to have this detail. really awesome detail. and separation! maybe its the most separation ive heard in a headphone. Thats what i noticed right away. also the imaging is just so good. And a really nice close soundstage but also open. really open. maybe thats it? its really open. clear and open.

Wonderful V shape to the frequency response. The treble is just so nice here. it has this really nice clarity. and awesome bass slam. vocals come in great. I think the drivers are breaking in good too. Sounding better

Iā€™m suspecting that the pairing with the RNHP amp is perfect for this headphone. But i also think it might have something to do with the 10Hz to 40kHz frequency drivers. and the high frequency music iā€™m getting off amazon ultra hd library. I got this playlist full of ultra hd tracks and it just sounding soooo good. But these headphones arent the first to have 10Hz to 40kHz frequency drivers right?

I dont know lol. hope i dont sound like a lunatic but its just sounding so so fantastic!

1 Like

How much of that frequency range do you think youā€™re hearing?

1 Like

Oh i hear the difference. Some people say you cant. I dont think i got golden ears or something. But i can tell the difference. Mon says he can too. of higher frequency and bit depth music files

Iā€™ve always wondered about that. I donā€™t think I can hear much after 13k. Where does music generally go up to? Does it go much higher than 18k?

There are several charts available, I just grabbed this one from a quick search.

3 Likes

I canā€™t hear higher than the range of human hearing, just making sure that you arenā€™t claiming that I can hear more lol. Regarding the high res files, I do think you can hear the difference between a 24/96 vs a 16/44.1 of the exact same file if it was natively done at the higher resolution with high end enough equipment (and this isnā€™t because I can hear hear more in the ultrasonic range, itā€™s other aspects in the range I can actually hear, and you need really resolving equipment to do it too), but more often than not the perceived difference is actually due to many high res releases having different mastering. Some high end releases even just release the same file but upsampled, which will not yield sonic benefit and will be more detrimental, but ignoring that, a 44.1k cd and 96k studio release might have different mastering which will yield the greatest difference.

1 Like

No, I am not. Im in my late 30ā€™s, which makes me Gen X.

Be interesting to actually go to an audiologist one day. Might explain why I always turn up treble

1 Like

You know iā€™m wondering if it has something to do with the stainless steel caps on the cups also. when i put them on today i noticed the sound they made when they hit my ears. I heard a metal sound? Like putting your ear against a metal pipe and flicking it with your finger. Maybe its having an effect on the sound of them? Maybe a uniqueness? Maybe somehow its contributing to the detail. Like a steel guitar vs a acoustic?

meaning the laser cut grill? or another part?

Why donā€™t you just hold the other pads on while you test them so you can choose? Itā€™ll give you a good enough idea of the sound differences. Then just mount the ones you like.

yeah the laser cut grill

Good idea. I switched back to the velour or imitation suede or something. and it sounds great. i think the larger oval cups are sounding the best.

Nice. Pad rolling can be very addicting. Iā€™m ordering a load of different yaxi pads for a lot of my headphones for fun. Itā€™s always nice to have extra to try. More often than not I stick with stock pads for a lot of headphones unless itā€™s a big change in sound or comfort. Positive change of course lol.