đŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

#RememberThieaudio

So same as a Sundara
cool beans.

The thing is Thieaudio and Linsoul are good companies. with successful headphones and earphones under their belt. chifi companies have really impressed lately with their offerings and technology marches ever forward and gets better and cheaper. the Aiva and its clones are evidence of that.

So now we get a new headphone from them. and its the latest. and its cheap. and reviews look promising. yeah i’m gonna buy it for 130$. and if i dont like it i can return it or sell it. its not like its that much of a loss. I dont really think its much of a hype.

1 Like

Who ever heard of Thieaudio? I mean come on they don’t actually exist and Linsoul is a reseller! The phantom was a bucket of shite and it’s just Linsoul getting an order in place so they can purchase it in bulk from a Chinese OEM. Linsoul will pay the $40-50 a unit and cream the profit.

I will say I was def not a fan of the phantom lol. There is good chifi, bad chifi, and mediocre chifi. Most of it typically ends up being mediocre or bad, and the few good ones stick very well but very rarely punch higher than their price. I will support something if it can preform but I really dislike when stuff gets overhyped and people get burned

All known commodities with proven track records. If you want to move forward in this hobby, why not take a step back and see what came before; in regards to headphones anyways.

Here is a cheap planar for $56 get order an for 200 units and sell for $199 = winning

**image **

Same as Sundara! :laughing:

2 Likes

To be fair, he did also say there where bugs with that part of the site, not to mention, it’s missing a metric crap load of headphones. If every “good” headphone was put on that list, it would go on for days.
The problem is we kinda have to trust the reviewers on this. If not enough people buy into it, they may never go to production due to lack of demand.

I went ahead and backed it. Why not? :blush:. It’s worth a shot. 130 for headphones that have potential. I may get the ZMF pads zeos recommended whenever I get them.

That is why it needs a poosh! Linsoul are good at creating some hype and hats off but I will lay my chips on these being an average good sounding $100-130 headphone. I could be worng and have had a few cheaper headphones be decent with a pad roll.

There are suede brainwavz clones for $9 on amazon, paired with a hm5 or clone you can have decent sound for $60.

Sendi Aiva, excellent chi-fi imo

It is good, but tbh after owning one for awhile it’s a fairly specialized headphone and it is good for the price, but it’s harder to recommend. I’m not trying to discount good chifi, but it really just never tends to live up to the immense hype

1 Like

For me budget IEMs are way more worth for the price if its 200 and below. I dont see headphones as competitive as they were a few years back in the low price region. Especially if you are talking less than 100$. I’m pass, but hopefully they are the golden egg for many out there. :slight_smile:

I posted the review of the Helios on Head-Fi and my blog if anyone has questions. I did find them shouty and congested and not super comfortable to wear. I tried pad rolling a little bit but didnt like it with pads either and the ones I had didnt fit very well (ZMF and Hifiman pads).

3 Likes

I enjoyed the phantoms, they weren’t

to me.
But they were overpriced and I had to waste time and money modding them. I’m not going to fall back onto a chi-fi headphone train, and especially not one where it seems you need to pad roll to get them to sound better (assuming you even can make them sound better).

2 Likes

Crinacle’s graphs are NOT compensated to a target curve like most people are familiar with. They are raw graphs, so there is a rise after 1K to compensate for ear pinna. This is normal if you’ve seen most raw graphs before.

4 Likes

No. Sundara’s are much better in my opinion and it’s not even close. Biggest issue with Sundara is it’s comfort isnt very good (but neither are the Helios) and upper mid-range can be a little tonally weird to some people. The Helios, being a dynamic, may have a slightly natural sound due to the more natural decay compared to a planar magnetic.

2 Likes

But weren’t his IEM graphs all compensated? Weird choice.

Anyway, yeah. If that’s the only graph you can find, remove like 10dB from 2khz to 20khz, for all his headphone graphs.

no, his graphs are not compensated. the graph i posted in my review is compensated though, as is most of my over-ear headphone graphs. my iem graphs, like crinacle, are not compensated.

in what way is it specialized? its V shaped, arent V shapes popular? good bass, midrange present, great treble and a planar for 400$