šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne x Zeos ERIS

Update on my original first impressions:

Alright so at this point Iā€™ve got 60+ hours of off-head burn in time, and itā€™s actually kind of shocking how much these have smoothed out. The lower mids are still elevated but it doesnā€™t make (most) songs sound bloated anymore - and tbh it helps with the bassy aspect of these headphones. The only time I notice it is when Iā€™m listening to something in the ballpark of a John Mayer song.

The treble is less spicy but still too much for me personally, so I keep it rolled off as you can see in the screenshot - but I do this for almost all of my headphones anyway because I have sensitive baby ears.

What I would personally love to see is a more expensive version of these with a driver capable of higher resolution - at this point thatā€™s the only thing I feel like Iā€™m missing. Other than that, super solid cans.

3 Likes

Hey guys. I received contact from linsoul, after letting them know that the headphones work, offering a replacement. They will be providing me with a shipping label to get the one I have picked up and sent back. They said they wanted to inspect them to make sure this issue doesnā€™t happen again. They said they should have more stock of the headphones by early August and will prioritize shipping for the replacement. So all in all not too bad, just annoyed that it happened. Thank you again Z for your help with the issue.

8 Likes

Yeah, I know I said yesterday I wasnā€™t worried about it but Iā€™m still finding it a little too sharp on the top end for myself as well.

2 Likes

I got my SN:799 Eris in yesterday been really enjoying them they had the slight pad squeak so I fixed that. Comfort and build quality have been great on mine no issues there of course. I need to do some more listening there is about 7 hours on them so there isnā€™t much burn in on them yet.
My impressions of them so far that the sound stage is amazing even compared to something like my T1 2nd, the bass as advertised is great kinda sounds like a refined pad swapped beyer. The treble is good, but they can get a bit spicy in some bass light music especially Japanese music. Overall very good headphone especially for $250. I listened to these on Topping A90D/Xduoo TA66 AMP with Geshelli J2 DAC for reference. And I was mostly comparing them to T1 2nd, 880 600ohm, HD650, and CD900st.

3 Likes

Trust me, when I know youā€™ll know, Iā€™ll link it everywhere. Takes a while for things to get into Amazonā€™s system. As for those genres of music? I havenā€™t had anyone directly compliment. or complain yet. Might be something. for you to ask this chatā€¦

Have you tried wearing them reversed? I call it staging mode. You lose a bit more of the focus of the clarity from vocals, but it eliminates basically all siblilance

NP

Headphone was a huge success in London. I sold 10. sets in the first three hours and then I couldnā€™t sell anymore because I had to do the show. I handed a brand new set to Golden Sound. and to Skedra to play around withā€¦ I might do this again in SoCal but the tables are more expensiveā€¦

5 Likes

How are people liking this with hard rock, 80ā€™s glam rock, thrash metal, blues?

1 Like

Not yet but I plan on doing so. And I do really think the treble has gotten very slightly better since yesterday because of the slight pad wear and break in since I wear glasses they need to dent a bit to get a better seal

1 Like

these cans 100% need that break in. I havenā€™t noticed that big of a difference between new and broken in headphones before.

Comfort is definitely better than my previous Zeus. I would say itā€™s the same amount of clarity, but that bass is just so much more. I missed having closed headphones for gaming, so I am glad to have these. More isolating which in my environment is a big plus.

I do not like them reversed. I donā€™t know what it is, but its not for me.

I also pre-ordered them, so I received a free tripowin piccolo set of IEMs and I am extremely impressed with these things as well. Very surprising sound that comes out of here. I have never had IEM before.

2 Likes

I usually use stage mode for movies and video games. Or if Iā€™m finding a particular album a bit harsh. Itā€™s free to try. TECHNO TOO

Just got my Headphones! OMG the bass is sooooooo good with Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin. I also am gaming with them and its glorious. Hell Let Loose when a explosion happens I feel itā€¦in my skull. Awesome job Z I will now recommend these bass cannons to all my bass head buddies.

1 Like

Love the headphones! Iā€™ve had about a week of listening and I tend to agree with some of the other comments on here about the sound. But all in all I canā€™t complain, its an excellent value at 250 bucks.

Great song recommendations.

It seems I cannot for the life of me find some of the Anime songs on Spotify/Tidal thoughā€¦ tbf the search on both services could be a lot better tooā€¦
Alsoā€¦ the Fading Sun song is mentioned twice. Itā€™s great so why not twice!

1 Like

Got them today. These sound fantastic right out of the box to me, forward or backward. The stock cable was DOA on the right side. Fortunately I had a couple of Tripowin dual 3.5 to 4.4. 24bit 192khz Alice in Chains via Wiim Pro to J2/AKM to MT603 to Orchard RCA to XLR converter to Singxer SA1.

3 Likes

Got these on Tuesday, loving them so far. Even more comfortable than the Zeus Elite, POWERFUL bass, crispy highs, excellent soundstage and imaging. Mids are a little de-emphasized, makes things sound slightly like the Electric Wizard albums where the vocals are echoey and distant. They are excellent for stoner/doom metal, Iā€™m glad Om has been mentioned already.

Havenā€™t spent much time in staging mode, but my initial impression is that it sounds even wider but a bit less precise. I did not like it as much as the regular setup, but I will have to try it for games and movies as suggested.

2 Likes

Putting xbass on the zen can makes these insane

Edited so folk can see it here :+1:

1 Like

Hell yea dude :metal: you see the new Om Live at Pioneer Works

Electric Wiz is GREAT on these, Windhand all the good fuzzed out stoner doom is AWESOME on Eris

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing with my new speakers and havenā€™t given these much on-head time, but I decided to keep them playing all week to test these burn in claims.

The change has been substantial, Iā€™m pretty surprised. The sense of congestion has dopped off almost entirely. The bass has tamed a bit, itā€™s still big but doesnā€™t immediately steal the entire show like it did when they came out of the box, the sound is generally more balanced across the board. Iā€™m a treble head and these are just about where I want them to be in that area, so I totally understand people claiming that theyā€™re a bit spicy up top, but it works for me.

2 Likes

Interesting results. One of my few criticisms so far is that they can sound kind of stuffy on some content despite the wide soundstage; ā€œcongestionā€ is a great word for it. Iā€™ll continue to pay attention to that and see how it evolves as I put more hours in.

I also agree with you about the treble, they come across as crisp and detailed but I havenā€™t noticed any major sibilance per se. I do have some mild hearing damage so itā€™s possible that I just canā€™t perceive it.

Lets goooo

5 Likes

Got these a week ago. Not much play-time on them but so far Iā€™m blown away. From build to sound, Iā€™m extremely impressed. If these were a regularly stocked item, Iā€™d hands-down recommend them over the HD6xx/5xx as an entry into the headphone market. Theyā€™re extremely fun to listen to, especially tracks that had a ton a bass in it. Nice thing is I can plug it into my computer and it can run these to uncomfortable levels and without losing too much of the magic youā€™d get from a dedicated system.

I found these are not really a good match for my ā€˜warmā€™ setup: SMSL D300+Pietus Maximus. Way too bloated and bubbly sounding. Everything has a warm hum to it. My regular headphone, the Ananda Nano, sounds absolutely killer on this.

My other setup, Lyr3 + add-in card, is a great match for this. Itā€™s very neutral and Iā€™m pleased to find that the issue with the other dac/amp setup went away. I was afraid I was going to have to make an aggressive EQ profile to correct the overly warm sound signature.

I do feel there is a small modicum of sibilance in some tracks. I didnā€™t really notice it that much until someone mentioned it here and I started listening to it. Thereā€™s a few tracks where its slightly noticeable when I wasnā€™t really listening for it.

Kind of wish I still had my ifi setup I could test some of their xbass/space functions on top, but Iā€™ve got it loaned out currently.

Right now Iā€™m really appreciating the staging and separation on these compared to the Ananda Nano. Also kind of interesting the change from a present, clean, and clear bass texture thatā€™s easily tracked to just authoritative and crazy bass.

Iā€™m excited to see if breaking these headphones in will actually improve the quality. Iā€™m still considering doing some EQ on these to tune them to my preference.

Here are some songs that I tried out that I can suggest:

Fools Fools Fools - Takane Lui
Be My Guest (or most any of their songs) - Azari
Absolute Territory - Ken Ashcorp
Ordorbis - Ex Astris

1 Like

I had the exact same issue. Same side and all. I just sent mine back yesterday the 31st. I got the same time frame estimation for a restock, so weā€™ll wait together, I suppose. Itā€™s a shame that I donā€™t get to keep the S/N 250 unit I received.