đŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne x Zeos ERIS

As a predominantly bass-heavy music listener, dubstep and alike, and gamer these headphones are phenomenal. I’ve told my friends they’re the quality cousin of the Skullcandy Crushers, albeit not head-rattling. Going from a pair of AT M50Xs, the difference is night and day. I couldn’t be happier with them being my first dip into higher-quality headphones. I may return and post some songs that I find particularly impressive to listen to on the Eris from the heavier electronic genres once I’ve gotten my replacement pair.

1 Like

Sorry about the rattle. The long loop wires could easily be fixed yourself if you were willing to open the cup with 4 screws but you shouldn’t have to fix a new headphone you just bought. See if they can do something to prevent it in the future. 2/1200 reports may not make it worth it however.

Are pads also 4-7 weeks out? Might grab a pair for my Zeus Elite. I already considered those very comfortable but the Eris pads have even softer material and more stuffing.

For anyone curious delivery for me will be 10 days from date of purchase

2 Likes

Loving the hell out of mine. No rattle issue on my pair. I don’t have a super great setup or anything, just running from my PC > Sound BlasterX G6 > Eris.

What’s been your favorite thing to pair them with?

1 Like

I find it odd no one shared my overview of the Eris :thinking:

1 Like

I have been enjoying these (#278) way more frequently than I expected honestly. They are surprisingly versatile, especially once you adapt to the bass, its hilarious going back to other cans for a bit. But these instantly became my ‘blockbuster’ headphones, TV, movies, games. They make my ButtKicker make much more sense in general usage now haha. These really could have been called EPICs. For more general music listening, there’s stuff it really works for, and others not so much, but more in the ‘work’ list than anticipated. I didn’t think I would reach for these as often as I do, given the company they keep and my usual preference. My daily preference usually falling between 109 Pro and HD 6XX driven by an iFi ZEN DAC and Signature amp stack. . But the ERIS are fun, and you should enjoy what you listen to, and these make a bunch of things more enjoyable. Zeos should be proud of the work he put into these, that love shows. And now I have a base/bassline for Z Reviews.

Now to the not so great, I am sorry to say. Mine have something loose rattling around in the right earcup. I emailed Linsoul and started RMA process. But started thinking I could just crack them open, remove whatever it is and back to enjoying them. I removed the pad to record the noise for the RMA, went to pop it back on, the inner reinforcing ring was half unglued. So I think these will be going back unfortunately. I have asked for a replacement though, in the hope that I can get back to that sweet kicking the crap out of my head with wonderful sound.

Update Edit: Linsoul suggested it is likely a loose wire (I actually suspect a rounded bit of plastic or similar as it can rock back and forth), and it would be easiest if I tried to resolve the rattle myself with tape, as opposed to shipping them back at my cost. I agree, but I am confirming with them what that means for warranty from then on. They did not address the pad ungluing, but I have asked if they can provide a replacement (but wouldn’t be surprised if this is chalked up to user error / wear and tear).

2 Likes

I am actually not sure. They shouldn’t be?

I have used them for everything. Obv. But I find using them in bed is my favorite. I just chill and listen.

Especially new music, stuff I never heard before. Eris makes me adventurous again.

Do you have a picture? I am not quite sure what you had happen.

I am going to have to put out a Rattle Fix video on my 2nd channel. Seems like this is not common but more than one complaint makes me anxious. Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

I said youd sell a shit load :grinning:
was i wrong?

1 Like

I’ve thought about taking them to bed, too. You weren’t kidding about how comfortable they are. I forgot I had them on the other night and almost dragged my setup with me to the kitchen. Lol Been using my Porta Pros (Your fault) > JA11 > My phone in bed for now.

Do you have a $300 or below amp recommendation that’s fun with these? My SoundBlaster G6 is alright but I’ve been eyeballing the TA-66 for some tube fun

I definitely might get one of these at some point, my only complaint is a nitpick being I wished they made Zeos’ logo look cooler lol

I feel like it’s just there like a “this sticker might as well go on something”, I’m sure someone loves the simplicity though

Eris is here

5 Likes

I mean just amp? I like them on a tube hybrid. Any of the Xduoo stuff would probably be solid. OR you can go with a combo like the ifi Zen Dac or the FX Audio DR07.

I own that logo so it was fine. I wanted it a bit bigger and the purple on the glass different. But overall I think I am just going to run with it and sell people stickers for the glass bits. So much more customizable when you do that.

• Ahegao Stickers Optional, lol

So Close to 469
 Congrats.

5 Likes

lol had to point that out, no man congrats to you, haven’t taken it off yet, cable is perfect, alternating between Yuki, M4 and M15, spot on about the comfort and packaging was great for the price, impressed so far

2 Likes

is there a reason its $50 more on amazon? usually chifi are the same price or cheaper on amazon lol

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Zeos.

The bass is too intense for the build, vibrating parts loose haha!

I will be happy to update if and when I crack mine open.

Sorry for the crap description of the pad issue, see below:

Genuinely appreciate the support, and whilst I understand its got your name on it, that only goes so far in terms of production assurance, so please don’t shoulder all of this.

As I said, the care and work you’ve put into these is evident, and I really look forward to these beasts in my collection.

2 Likes

Yeah just an amp though I am definitely open to a combo! I was planning on using the G6 as my DAC for now so I can spend more on a separate amp. The ifi magic button has my interest as well Lmao.

PLEASE do! That would be so cool. Need more than one pair for different themes. “Hmmm. Which Waifu do I want to wear today?”

1 Like

Well, I cracked them open per Linsoul’s advice:

"
we need your help to try to see if you can disassemble and fix the parts inside by yourself first. If you fail, we will feedback both situations to the manufacturer.

This will not affect the warranty, but it may affect the warranty decision. If you send it back now, you can get a replacement. If there is a problem in the future and it needs to be sent back, it depends on the manufacturer’s decision whether to repair or replace it."

So it seems like it was indeed the wires.

How they appeared when initially opened:

I decided against adding tape or glue, so I rotated the driver assembly till there was a loop as shown below:

Hopefully with that spring tension it holds firm against the casing. My only mild concern is adding potential stress to the soldering, but I have seen a lot worse last a long time in worse conditions. But please feel free to add your opinion. I took the opportunity to apply the fix to both sides of the headphone as well.

I have also ordered some glue to fix the pad.

Has to be said though, this isn’t really ideal for brand new headphones.

2 Likes

Serial number 422 reporting in. I just received my Eris headphone and WOW! The bass is really deep and actually good sounding too. Because of its deep bass, it does makes the music presentation sounds “bigger” to me. So far, I only used it with the Cayin N7 and this is fresh out the box so no burn in yet. Looking forward on how this bad boy do on my main headphone setup and after 50 hours.

3 Likes

That sounds like a cool idea, I think just found the color being flat white looking off but the headphones look great.

Ordering one soon but not in a hurry since I live in a NY basement so it’s hella hot in here lol

1 Like