HD 600 or Sendy Aiva

ive liked it so far

1 Like

Hey guys I just have a question about the Sendy Aiva’s, maybe you guys could help me as I can’t create a topic on my own.

I’d like to know if there is a possibility I got shipped an used or refurbished pair, as when I go here:

The Driver Matching area test seems to have a problem. The right side and the left side sounds ‘different’ at certain frequencies. When I use my HD 598’s the problem is there but is so much less noticeable. When I do the test with the Sendy Aivas I can hear the difference clearly.

Also the wiring is reversed: When I do the left and right side test I hear them on the opposite sides, the cable says L and I plug it on the left side and I hear the audio that’s supposed to be Right side there.

Would greatly appreciate any kind of help you guys could provide.

Did you plug in the cable correctly? I would make sure the cables are plugged in all the way (they should make a snap/click). Also make sure they are plugged into the right channel

1 Like

It’s plugged all the way in onto my FiiO K3 using the 3.5mm adapter. I had to stop using my JDS Atom because I don’t have an adapter to plug it in.

Would it be a good idea to plug it directly onto the motherboard audio and repeat the test?

Either your cable or your adapter is wrong. It won’t be a big deal. You can put the mis-identified cable to the opposite cup, it’s not going to hurt anything.

For your original question, was your box plastic wrapped when it arrived? They could just reseal it, but that would be an easy tell.

1 Like

Well, seeing as someone else on the forum had his connector labeled as “L” on both sides, I wouldn’t be surprised if they flipped your cable.

But you said the left and right sounds ‘different’ even on the 598, probably good to check your through your chain?

1 Like

Yes it was completely sealed and I bought it off Amazon, fulfilled by MusicTeck image

Just switched the ends and now audio is coming through the right channels however the Driver Matching issue is persisting. This is my second set of Planar Magnetic Headphones that have the same issue, I had returned the HiFiMan Sundara’s and I saw that I wasn’t the only one with the issue due to poor quality control, HOWEVER, I’ve yet to hear and read negative reviews regarding quality control from this company hence the reason I’m posting it here to leave it as a precedent for other people.

Ok I didn’t know that about the cable, that’s really good to know.

By chain you mean how everything is connected?

I have unplugged and plugged them back in several times, the only test I’ve yet to do is to plug them directly to the computer.

The fact you hear the imbalance through multiple headphones, suggests something else is wrong.

1 Like

Yes, so how are your amps connected to your pc? any other source you are able to try on? like a phone with 3.5 or something?

My HD 598’s sound just fine, I have to even close my eyes to see the difference as I mentioned previously. I guess I’ll try with the onboard audio now to see if it makes any difference.

Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, I can use my phone and my partner’s phone.

This is a picture of my current setup.

Plugging the headphones directly to the FiiO K3 and from there to the computer via the USB cable.

As I mentioned earlier, I bypassed the AMP because I don’t have the correct cable to plug it in.

Will do test with my phone and using onboard audio and leave my results once again, in case other people are having the same issue (which apparently is very rare for the Sendy Aivas).

Cool, is that an LG 27GL850 monitor? Because I just ordered that this week.

1 Like

I haven’t read through the whole thread, but obviously something to consider is what amplifier you will be powering either of these with? I say if you have a tube, then obviously HD 600…but if it is a solid state amplifier, obviously the Sendy Aiva.

1 Like

It’s an 34GK950F, they’ve been making really good monitors lately.

Just tested again with my partner and apparently she hears the sound equally on both earcups (using my phone now) but I’m not sure if she is unreliable. Assuming that she is reliable then it would mean it’s my ears but when I switch the headphones around my head the problem persist but on the opposite direction.

As I was writing this post I decided to continue testing on my PC and I kept doing the same audio test. The problem persisted for a couple more times and on the third or fourth time I started hearing a ‘pop’ sound and the issue dissapeared for the next couple of test. I was going to type about how it somehow fixed itself however upon refreshing the page the issue persisted again.

What I’m left thinking with is: Is there such thing as a break in period? Like old cars used to break in at 6-12 thousand miles and they’d behave perfectly after that.

Yes, there is a break in period for the headphone itself and also in your mind, but I don’t quite know if that would be what’s causing your issues

Perhaps do you have a cold or illness at the moment?

1 Like

I had not thought of that even thought I studied medicine lol. Yes I have been having a weird cough but if it were affecting my hearing wouldn’t I be able to hear the same problem on the HD 598’s?

Upon writing this post a thought occurred to me; could it be because they are higher quality the ‘issue’ is perhaps enhanced on this better headphones and hence the reason I can notice it more clearly?

I decided to retest using my HD598’s focusing on the frequencies I was having the problem with the Sendy Aivas and I noticed the same issue but now with my HD598’s. I came to the conclusion that it is highly likely that the problem is within me but I’ll have a third and fourth person hear the headphones.

Fantastic train of thought on your part BTW, I hadn’t considered my weird cough but it does seem to match with the Sundara’s timeline as well.

Yeah anything that affects your sinuses and your throat have the potential to affect your hearing. As you say you may also notice it more because of the higher resolving headphone and you may be more sensitive to it

1 Like

Ah there you go.

Was going to ask if you heard the pop in your ears or the headphones. Lol

That could be the driver crinkle on the sendys, but when sick my ears can crinkle and pop as well