Headphone amp in europe

Hello!

As i am currently returning my L30 the question comes, what to replace it with. The main hindering factor is going to be that i live in europe.

At the moment i have an hd599 and a tin t2 i occasionally listen to. I plan on adding speakers so a pre out would be handy. My budget should be around 350$ or 300€.

So far the schiits seem interesting both the asgard and magnius would be great but the time i can get them here they are around 350$. I know both topping and smsl are widely available but i feel burned and would not buy from them unless no other good alternatives.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinion!

Can you get Burson in the EU? The Playmate is in your price range.

I just ordered an SMSL SH-9, easy to get in europe :stuck_out_tongue:
Shiit can beordered off the shiiteurope website but they seem to be out of stock 99% of the time so…

Forgot to mention a have a topping E30 dac

You actually pay about the same if you order from the US even with my stupid 27% vat.

I’d look into Lake People amps. Their G103s for sure will be in your pricerange, but they might have another model or two in your range too.

Monolith Liquid Spark may be an option.

@WaveTheory suggeste the G103-S. I like mine, it lacks a pre-out though. Could be worked arround with a cheap-ish passive monitor controller.

Monoprice has a eu store where I bought my liquid spark. But I have found that the liquid spark is usually out of stock, like it currently is.

You can’t find a Spark for less than 140€ in Europe unfortunately… If you can pleeease show the way. I want that 99!

I had a look at the g103. Is defenitaly is an iteresting amp witht he 2 outs and the under the hood gain switching. How does it compare to the asgard 3 since they would be about the same price.

I have some impressions on it here

The link sais page doesnt exist or privet.

Thread got moved on my request, is fixed now.

Thanks for the recommendations i will look more into the Lake People amps. Seems like a no lose situation going either way. Now its a waiting game for amazon go get me my money back.

LOXJIE P20?
Also if you import from the US to the EU, it’s whatever VAT your country decides (16-30% depending on the country) PLUS importduties. Importduties on amp’s seem to fall under category 8518 50 00 90 though which is like 0.5% :stuck_out_tongue: Still, general warning, on some shit those duties climb to 30% too and instead of 27% you may for some products see 57% and be caught of guard.

Schiit europe is located in UK though and after brexit some fees will apply again i believe… :frowning:
I am buying from Thomann.de usually as they have the most good stuff and availability.

Aaaaaah, never seen shiit’s shit outside a shitty shiitshop :wink:
And as someone working in customs. Yes. You’ll pay VAT but no duties hen importing from the UK, except for weird exceptions (tropical fish and weapons are two examples I’ve already seen pass but probably a few more)

I dont know if i want tubes yet. They are an extra thing you have to take care of, how often do they need changing mutch are the replacement tubes?

There is schiit uk and there is schiit eu. I belive eu is located and ships from the netherlands at least it thats what they claim ob their website. Not like either has stock ever.

You don’t have to change tubes if you don’t want to… Only if you want a different sound signature… I mean yeah,they can burn out but as far as I’ve seen we’re talking ten years of usage

Better off importing tbh…