šŸ”¶ HiFiMan Ananda

Ah thatā€™s another thing thanks for bringing that up, I really donā€™t tend to have very strong opinions on stuff either, as I really donā€™t get super hyped up anymore or really dislike something

I guess Iā€™ve had no problem with your posts.
I tend to be a bit non committal even on stuff Iā€™ve heard I really canā€™t get on with any of the T50ā€™s Iā€™ve heard, but other people seem to like them, so I assume itā€™s probably just me. I wonā€™t recommend them and I might give an opinion, but Iā€™m not going to make blanket statements about them being crap, because I value other peoples opinions.
I think Onahaā€™s concern was over Antpageā€™s tendency to make blanket assertions often based on limited experience as if they were fact. And FWIW I donā€™t think it was about 1 post.
Personally Iā€™m a big boy and can ignore people I donā€™t want to listen to.

2 Likes

yeah the treble is really bright on this headphone and the lack of midrange is bothering. i dont like having to EQ it. i feel that im turning up something that isnt there in the first place so its low quality midrange. I think i might return this headphone and get the Arya or the HE1000.

yeah that guy is a real dope. wait a minuteā€¦

lol i wouldnt say my experience is that limited. true ive gotten into the current hifi audio tech in the past year. but ive been listening to the same music on a number of systems for over 35 years. and i learn fast

1 Like

How long did you listen before you decided to declare the NDH20ā€™s as crap?
Iā€™ve never heard them but thatā€™s an extreme position to take after very limited listening.
Or to randomly declare that bigger drivers were definitively better
Or ā€¦
It really doesnā€™t both me, but I do get where heā€™s coming from

2 Likes

well the NDH20ā€™s are the NDH20ā€™s. ugh. and bigger drivers are better, soā€¦

lol jk. i dont think your really being fair. like i said i did hear the 95x and anandas. there is a logic behind what im saying. theres a lot of manufactures going bigger with their drivers. ive seen a lot of reviews. Zeos review of the STAX headphones is very interesting. and theres this:

Well, some nice fair responses and ideas. Thanks - off to New Mexico, Austin and Sanibel

2 Likes

Nice, hope you enjoy yourself, sounds pretty fun :+1:

Good discussion, all! ā€œDisagreement is the lifeblood of democracy!ā€ :grin:

Nowā€¦Amanda arrives tomorrow. Iā€™ll report back!!:joy::joy:

4 Likes

lol are you sure? i feel smacked :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m sorry if you feel abused, reallyā€¦ but, honestly, I think you could work on your ā€˜tactā€™ a bitā€¦ you can come off a bit passive-aggressiveā€¦ though I donā€™t think itā€™s intentional. I do understand what you mean that in general you feel larger driver headphones seem to be the best all-around. It does make sense from a general point of view. =)

im fine lol, yeah i know ive got to work on tact

Itā€™s a silly debate to get ā€˜heatedā€™ over honestly. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ā€œbigger is better!ā€

ā€œno! its more complicated than that!ā€

ā€œarrrrggghhhh!ā€

4 Likes

I apologize for creating an argumentative post then logging off for close to 24 hours, but I was surprisingly busy at work today when I didnā€™t expect to be. I think Polygonhell summed up what I tried to say better than I was able to. My whole issue was the fact that we pretty much watched Antpage2 come up with his theory that larger drivers made for better headphones here in these forums, and then to go from that to ā€œBigger is better. It just isā€. It just gave me bad vibes that someone new to these forums would see that statement of fact and base their decisions on it. We see ā€œnew to this hobbyā€ posts just about every day, and I didnā€™t want to just let that statement go unchecked. If it came off worse than I intended, which it seems, that wasnā€™t my intent.

I disagree with Zeos and a lot of the people who post here on many things, but weā€™re all here to learn and hopefully find the answers weā€™re searching for and maybe help offer our own feedback to those who are looking for personal experiences with a device they are considering purchasing. I worry that this entire forum is just a means to enable and justify our own (possibly addictive) purchase habits, but thatā€™s another story.

Thatā€™s all. No confrontation intended, and definitely no malice. I look forward to hearing Antpage2ā€™s take on the Aeolus as I am just getting used to my own new pair

3 Likes

Apologies if my posts gave you the wrong impression. I tend to step back a bit when I disagree with something someone says, and hopefully my previous post puts that into better perspective.

Iā€™m quoting this part of your post here because, yes, in general I do think these forums can be a little rah-rah. Generally I think we want to be inclusive here and welcome as many audiophiles to the community as possible regardless of experience. I also kind of think thatā€™s one of the positive things about this site. Rarely do you see someone tell someone they made a bad purchase here, even though they may believe that personally. Just about everything said here is personal opinion, so you donā€™t often see someone here say ā€œ___ headphone is great/sucksā€ without backing it up with some reasoning. Whether that person decides to agree with that reasoning is their choice

1 Like

I also meant to say that I think youā€™re a good sport, and someone who reacts to disagreement in a constructive and positive manner. This thread could have gone off the rails but everyone kept their head. Hooray for us!!

I meant to say it, but I was distracted by thoughts of my mail order bride, Amanda.

3 Likes

Thanks andy, and im sure Amanda is gonna be awesome. you know i estimate ive spent 4000$ since i found those Bose speakers on Amazon. Thats a huge chunk of change for me and having spent my rent for the next 4 months im sure iā€™ll be homeless soon.

but all you guys are great. and i know as i move to my car this winter season i will thoroughly enjoy my headphones and my headphone gear and debating these wonderful subjects with you fine people. it may be cold, but i will be warmed by my Ananda and the Simple Minds New Gold Dream album, and the knowledge that because my drivers are so large i have one of the best headphones around. And with your good help and advice i will continue my search for even bigger drivers. Thank you.

4 Likes

When you are parked in front of the someones driveway, (probably will be Zā€™s), make sure you yse a power conditioner for the extention cord when you steal power.

6 Likes