🔶 HiFiMan Arya

It was “soundstage lacks width”. Arya is more known for its depth and height than width

1 Like

I find the Arya (not the Stealth magnet version, I have not tried it yet) to be fairly wide, in fact, I find it to be rather spacious in general.

1 Like

You have tried the stealth edition of the Arya? How was it to your experience?

Yup…that how it is, everything sound so forward, you barely get the sense of wideness to it too. That’s so not good to my preference. Maybe some will like it. I guess it sound more like the HE1K.

The most widest and widespread separation I’ve heard apart from HD800 “always on” wide soundstage mode. Arya got the most natural soundstage width and depth, no contest.

1 Like

Well that’s what happen to the stealth edition. That is sad indeed.

he1000se and 400se both had pretty drastic burn in changes, both for the better.

1 Like

Just curious… after a burn-in period… did your impressions change? Initially it sounds like you preferred the V2 over the Stealth Magnet revision. Wondering here if a burn-in helped them sound better or if they remained roughly similar to the original impression.

I’m highly thinking about ordering a pair to compare against my V1 Arya… Would appreciate an update if you could provide one!

1 Like

After 100hrs still the same. Unfortunately, it has harsh mids, maybe the bass got better abit…just abit. , this Arya do not have much volume play too. Is almost like LCD X. So you may need to lower your source, else you’ll stuck at 9 to 9.30, anything more will become harsh and fatigue.

Please demo 1st, my hearing may not be yours. My setup pairing won’t be the same as yours.

1 Like

Thanks man, appreciate it! I completely understand that the setup and ear profile matter =). I will have to try get my hands on one of these so I can hear it first hand… but at least for now… it sounds like I’d be much happier keeping my V1 version…

1 Like

You’ll be very fine with the V1.

This hit the nail on the head from my experience with the Arya v3. I returned them. Still looking for something similar to the Ananda but better separation and soundstage

1 Like

Whats your impression? Can you share more of your experience? Perhaps the standard Arya is good for you since you looking something similar to Ananda.

The Ananda has great neutral tuning. I love the tonality and the in-your-face sound of the Ananda but if it had a slightly larger soundstage and better build quality it would be absolutely perfect. I love midrange.

The Arya SE/v3 had a boomy bass that overshadowed the already thin midrange.

1 Like

Lol. Sont worry about it man. I hated arya for yhe exact same reasons. Texh techincaly capable for sure but I never once enjoyed my music and the fatigue was real…

1 Like

I recently got the Arya v2 and after my first session of listening I have experienced the vertigo effect that people explain and I wanted to know if any one of you long-term Arya users still keep experiencing the effect after a long time having the headphone. I really enjoyed the sound of these and it was a noticeable change from my HD 6xx headphones but if these are going to cause actual side effects I am concerned about me using these in the long run.

also im thinking about getting a gustard h16 amp with a schiit modius, thoughts?:thinking:

I have a LNIB H16 if you decide on it.

Finally is done, 24K Gold plated grille. It is so shiny.

12 Likes

You did a really nice job with those. They look incredible.
:+1:

1 Like

thanks Sir.