šŸ”¶ HiFiMan Arya

Yeah Iā€™m going to wait until I hear the Verite and go from there. Iā€™ll see if Iā€™ll still use the HD800S and if not maybe Iā€™ll sell it and try something different with the Verite being my main open headphone.

Quick, answer fast, first answer that pops into your head!

Arya or ADX5000?

Yeah ive decided. This is my next headphone after i get the Auteur. Unless the Auteur is just as good. Joshua Valor just did a video where he says the Arya is the best headphone heā€™s ever heard:

1 Like

I just missed a deal for a secondhand HE-1000V1 at $800.
I donā€™t know why I post here, maybe Iā€™m just sad

3 Likes

Of all the headphones Iā€™ve heard, Arya and my clears were the only ones that could make me cry.

Rip lol, my condolences

2 Likes

Both because I couldnā€™t choose one lol

2 Likes

Copout!!! :grin::joy::joy:

1 Like

Fine then personally I prefer the adx5000 if itā€™s on a tube. It really depends on what you listen to, if you listen to music where subbass impact matters to you, the lcdx would be up your alley, itā€™s really preference

2 Likes

Thank you M0N. I appreciate you.

3 Likes

After several Arya fans on the patreon chat and also the high praise it got from Joshua Valour I was really on the edge to get one too, but I couldnā€™t bring me to spend full price for it.
Then last week I found someone selling one used from Oct. 2019 with about 50h playtime on it for 1k and the offer was only lasting 1h when i found it (especially here in Switzerland the odds for an offer like this are almost zero because of a very small used market). So I very quickly decided to jump on it. I got it last friday and for now Iā€™m very happy with it.
My daily driver for now are ZMF Aeolus which I still very much love but Arya brings exactly what I wished for. Soundstage, openness, subbass extension and separation, headstage and depth I never heard before. I still love Aeolus on a tube for tonality and everything sounding so super realistic and its kick impact. I think both together are superb combination that will last me a long time.

8 Likes

With the zmf + Arya you have your bases covert with that setup for sure, hope you enjoy it :+1:

1 Like

Btw. Does anyone know if there was a revision of Arya? The grill outside on mine looks more closed compared to the ones I saw in some reviews. Also the cloth inside the headphone is not attached to the pads anymore but directly in front of the driver. Seems to be better protecting the driver like this against dust/hair etc. I was just wondering if there are official different revisions or if HiFiMan just changed it during production.

Yes there was a silent revision, mine was more open as I got mine (was very early on) when they were more open looking, although new ones have what you say. I donā€™t think there was a sig sound difference or anything

1 Like

If there was a meaningful sound difference, Iā€™m sure (based on the past behavior of HiFiMan) that they would have marketed it as ā€œSound Quality Resonance Reaping Grills (SQRRG Technology Ā©)ā€ or some such and called it Arya V2.

Or just made it a bait and switch like the 5se lol

1 Like

What would you guys say the frequency signature of these headphones are? Neutral, W shaped, Vshaped?

Based on my stainless steel ears (bought them a couple weeks ago) itā€™s flat with a bright tendency. Does that make sense? So instead of a W or V shape, itā€™s a flat line but instead of being flat to the x axis it angles upwards. Letā€™s call it neutral/bright?

The layering and detail is amazing. While Iā€™m sure that a lot of this is novelty, Iā€™m pretty blown away by them.

5 Likes

The presentation is very interesting and engaging, I kinda find them w shaped but with the spl I could see it being a bit brighter

Thatā€™s where the ā€œstainless steel earsā€ come in. Golden ears can hear Wā€™s, Iā€™m only able to hear trend lines. :joy:

Iā€™m sure that itā€™s partly the novelty of new cans, but I am really loving them.

6 Likes