đŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

wait for us to order first so they don’t go out of stock ;D

1 Like

price keeps going up on linsoul
 $500 now
Edit: Also Hifigo
these started at $430 at least on hifigo

And MSRP is like $380 or 2500 yuan. I really hate that they’re marking it up this hard. Still worth $500 easy though.

Ali got them for $440. Upcoming Black Friday coupon might bring it a bit lower as well. Assuming they won’t jack the price up before Friday

I was able to grab one for $415 from ali, I just asked a couple of shops for early black Friday discount. You’d be surprised how well this tactics works there

5 Likes

Yeah it’s weird, American sellers scoff at you if you try to haggle but Chinese sellers basically expect it.

2 Likes

which seller?

Electricxiaomi store

1 Like

Thanks for info, got it now for 370$ (stacking discounts obviously)

which coupons are they?
i can only see it come down to $415

Aliexpress Coupons - general ali coupons, seller had a coupon discount aswell (they stack)

1 Like

Hello Guys!
I have few questions about this headphone

What type of cable does it comes with? Is it balanced?
Have anyone found a sheepskin leather substitute for the pads?

Damn! Happy go lucky!

Looks like mine are going to be waiting for me when I get home Saturday

2 Likes

No a standard cable - 3.5mm to 3.5mm x 2.
It’s the exact same cable as the He4XX (new ones, with 3.5mm terminals on the cups).

Sheepskin pads can be had over at AliExpress for cheap - same pads, ones selling for Ananda/Arya.
They’re stick on though. $20-ish or so.

Ones with attachment rings are there also, around $45-ish or so.

When you try em - tell us everything.

1 Like

Well most HFM have a dip in the mids (upper usually). That doesn’t mean the mids are below the quality bass and treble. Its the case with the HE-6, HE-500, HE-6se, Arya that they have divots in the upper mids - and they have some fine mids.

Based on reviews at HF, it seems the bass is a bit bbetter then the XEX v2 and XX. And they like the mids (musically) better than the HEK series. So, some of you feel that the XS mids are not that good? Well we are all different but a can with a meh midrange is of no use to me.

Hmmm well the mids are not what I’d say, bad, no. But they’re laid back, often. Now I don’t know why I’m hearing them so, but in some tracks they’re okay, like where you want them, but with some tracks, they’re a bit further than I’ve heard them on other headphones. The mids are one thing I have not been able to describe with much accuracy with the XS. But something is lacking there and important to consider. As a result, are they less or almost non-fatiguing? Yes. But do they leave something to be desired? Also, yes. I can say though that they could be better, but I, for one, am not particularly concerned about some compromise in the mids, so.

I guess more folks could throw in their input here
 treat mine as partially conclusive at best.

1 Like

I think the mids are just fine. The XS made me notice the HE6se v2 mid dip a little more when a/b testing so I’m guessing either the dip isn’t as deep or the frequencies around the dip aren’t as pronounced. Either way I personally couldn’t see them ever being considered bad, just not mid forward like some people prefer. I personally hate most mid forward tuned headphones so it’s about perfect for me.

1 Like

Yes - this right here. So I guess we have similar tastes here.

1 Like