Hifiman HE6SE For $700

So far the newest experience for me has been learning what the combination of Sugden amp and Falcon speakers does to bad recordings. Songs that sound just fine via tubes and SS with the other 2 pairs of speakers sound “off” with this combo. I’ve been playing around w/ the new toys all day and i’ve caught a few songs that didn’t sound right. I am surprised at how much more detailed the Falcon’s are, that was not a quality i was expecting out of them.

Yeah, the ls3/5a were made to be monitors, so they are fairly revealing while being very enjoyable

I think your setup is awesome. Fill that desk up!

1 Like

I dropped a few pictures in my Falcon amp thread, check them out. I don’t want to keep going off topic here. I’m pretty excited about getting these headphones now…LOL

I saw, nice looking setup for sure :+1:

The amount of cables truly shows the dedication for the hobby lol

3 Likes

yeah, I need to learn how to manage cables half as well

1 Like

I’m curious to see if the Emotiva BasX100 has enough power to at least provide decent sound. Afterwards, inknow myself at this point, i’m sure I’ll find something boutique tompower these with, heehee…:star_struck:

I have cable management worthy of the highest tier of fire hazard

1 Like

Hahahahaha, i’m dyin’ that’s funny. I am learning and slowly getting better at it, there is a pile of cables sitting in the living room waiting for me to re-wire the whole desk. Eventually it will really look nice. The OCD in me insists…

I just push everything into a corner against a wall myself. I’d use a lot more of my gear if unplugging and rewiring anything didn’t give me minor panic attacks. The fact that Nick_Mimi has everything exposed to anyone coming into the room is incredibly intimidating to me

1 Like

I’m glad I feel just fine shoving stuff behind something and calling it a day

Clearly he is just asserting his audio dominance into those who dare to enter his domain

1 Like

I couldn’t live that way. I would literally not be able to fall asleep at night.

I know that it can be done, and that I am capable of doing it myself, but I can’t imagine sitting down to do it

I can sleep peacefully up until the point where my house starts on fire

4 Likes

Haha, I think i plugged and swapped and plugged at least 20 times today, trying to compare speakers, amps and figuring out where to put that beast so that it would do the least amount of harm while i figured out how it played. As long as an RCA connector doesn’t pull out im happy. Absolutely NO children allowed in this room, those toys are all mine!:muscle:

1 Like

now you just need to get a switcher box and have some fun lol for both speakers and amps

2 Likes

I have NOT been able to find a good one that works with this set-up. Please keep an eye open for something good for me. I run a subwoofer and i’m not sure how to integrate a switch box in this set-up yet or even if possible

Embarrassed to share this, but this is the minimal effort I put in to make sound go:

1 Like

My left eyeball is twitching…:crazy_face:

1 Like