šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE6SE

Impactful bass is part of it, but everything is very lively, and is intense. I did feel the same way about the Elex, but the timber on the HE6SE is fuller and more natural. It is very different from the HE560, which is thinner and not as in your face.

Yep, pretty awesome on the SIngxer. Definitely like it better than the G111 or Jot 2. Compared to the G111 the Singxer is wider and more resolving and has more impactful bass. BF2->Singxer->HE6SE is very transparent, super clean, very naturalā€¦ a lot of buzz words there, but damnā€“the equipment just disappears and youā€™re just in the music. Phenomenal.

3 Likes

Here is a little teaser before I review the he6se v2, hopefully get that up soon :stuck_out_tongue:

The day I see one of those on the used market for $400 Iā€™m buying one. Until then, i donā€™t need it on the go enough to justify $750. They are a fantastic piece of source gear though. Best Iā€™ve ever heard the he6 sound with a portable by far (with xbass and 3d on).

1 Like

yeah I am going to canjam this weekend and it basically the perfect portable source gear to bring around and play headphones off of

Im super jelly. I would love to be able to get to canjam with literally a portable idsd signature and a douk u2 pro connected to my phone and an he6se v2 permanently attached to my nogginā€¦I have shorts big enough to handle it. Im ready. Lol

1 Like

I have just finished 12 consecutive days with these headphones on the iFi Pro iCAN.

Today was mostly all jazz. Miles Davisā€™s new album, BAD BAD NOT GOODā€™s second album and Go go Penguins album from 2012. Then I finished with some random rock. These are awesome headphones! However, if your music is noisey, it wonā€™t be nearly as pleasant. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

These are a nice addition to almost any collection. Certainly in the mid-fi world.

2 Likes

Shit, gotta get one after getting a proper amp, I want to reconcile with hifiman

1 Like

Sorry for the spam some how it said error and then it got deleted when I was checking my notifications on this forum sorry everyone I donā€™t know if itā€™s on my end or whatever for some reason that happened Does anyone else know I the HIFIMAN HE6SE V2 hits and slams and is more dynamic than the Sony MDR Z1R two headphones Iā€™m torn between two and I am going use these after market pads and cable if youā€™re curious what pads Iā€™m going to use hereā€™s a link and cables

1 Like

Hahahaha :rofl::sweat_smile: good one

i figured out the reason theyā€™re special. itā€™s absolute presence. itā€™s an absolute presence that just cannot be ignored. i got sucked into this weird michael jackson, wham!, kenny loggins, george michael, a-ha playlist today and it was just epic in size. the more fun and punchy the song the better with all these songs and the stage size was just flawless with all of them. never really thought the he6se v2 has big stage but itā€™s sounding appropriately sized for this playlist basically without fault. it never exaggerates, it just puts it out there as what it is.

Phil Collins stereotypical ā€œin the air tonightā€ (i know itā€™s meme status) is holy shit good with my current setup and I havenā€™t listened to this song in a long time on any of my serious gear and itā€™s hilarious.

1 Like

What DAC do you use?

So Iā€™m currently only using a gustard x16 but iā€™m using a douk u2 pro through i2s and the difference between how the gustard performs through usb and the i2s from the douk is absolutely massive. The clarity and detail improvement is massive. I wouldnā€™t recommend the x16 if you donā€™t get at least that douk reclocker to use it. Without it, the x16 was run of the mill with the rest of the crowd but had a nice timbre to it that I liked but after the i2s connection it pretty much satisfies all of my detail requirements on top of it all. Until I decide to upgrade to a high end DAC Iā€™m happy with it. I really think people could be mind blown by the reclock either over i2s or coax of the u2 pro. Itā€™s not subtle if you have resolving enough headphones with enough power to do them justice.

2 Likes

I was a little surprised but Adorama still has their deal on:

https://www.adorama.com/hmhe6sev2.html?sdtid=15265918&emailprice=t&sterm=1D-WoLSmdxyLWMcx96wtGxgLUkBTeawVUQAJww0&sterm=UreXRn0i8xyIWbxyAT2WyRb6UkBVZPTvC0UQ3Q0&utm_source=rflaid62905

Itā€™s was between these and the elex for me hope I made the right choice

Is their any cable suggestions to replace this hard piece of shit ā€¦? 4 pin ballenced XLR please

Search ā€œbalanced XLR sundara cableā€ on aliexpress and have a field day. Adapter and a 4.4 is a decent option too.

If I had to pick, I would choose the Elex, just because you can drive them off of almost anything.

That HE6se wants some juice. :grin:

1 Like

I would agree. HE6 is way more amp dependent. That said, with the Singxer, I live the HE6.

i heard the elex at canjam, itā€™s tuning is not for me i prefer the he6sev2 sounds much more natural to me

1 Like