šŸ”¶ iBASSO IT00 Single Graphene DD

Saving grace for my wallet is I donā€™t feel like waiting till the end of August for shit to ship that I order now.

Schiit never ship here lol

The owner (I believe) of ibasso, any one notice what he is talking about?

I honestly dont believe in burn in except for the bigger single dd and if it is beryllium plated (since beryllium is a rigid material). If the DD in the IT00 is stiff then I guess I might have to burn it in.

LOL after 20 hours of ā€œburn inā€ he wonā€™t even be able to recall what he heard in the first instance :crazy_face: Iā€™m with @Mon on thisā€¦put the fuckers in or on and let your own burn in/sonic bonding begin :yin_yang:

1 Like

yeah that is what I also believe in, brain burn in.

I done some tests before in different scenarios.

1: Burn in while also listening, sounds different and usually less treble spikes + tighter bass. Then try some other iem and those changes are gone. Like if the bass was muddy at first, then got cleaner, after switching iems and back it is back to being muddy.
I believe it is brain burn in.

2: write notes directly when you open the box, then start burning in without touching it, while using something else. No difference.

Lets take this to here to save hijacking lolā€¦

3 Likes

lel, we need an iem discussion thread before we derail all the others :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anybody here give me a comparison between these and the Shozy 1.1? I also own the BLON 03 if that helps as a frame of reference. The build quality on the IT00 doesnā€™t look like itā€™s as nice as the Shozy but I really like the futuristic simple styling on these. Single DD has me interested too. I was considering the Starfields recently but I might have to look at these instead.

5 Likes

Bring it on :+1:

I got it yesterday. At first listen with my tips, I wasnā€™t impressed. I felt the bass and treble were elevated and the mids were pushed too far back. I tried the included tips last night (the large white ones) and everything fell into place. It is a very clear and not warm tilted IEM. Itā€™s very punchy. Not the biggest sound stage. In conclusion, for the budget IEM categoryā€¦ This is a worthy competitor no doubt. I prefer this to the Blon BL-03 or the Moondrop Starfield. I even ordered a balanced cable for it that costs about the same as the IEMs.

Still, for my personal preferences, I prefer less of a V shaped TR and more of a laid back/warm signature with the mids more forward.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say pretty balancedā€¦once you get the right tipsā€¦the Spring 1ā€™s are more a studio sound and the 00ā€™s are an all day, all genres solid listenā€¦They donā€™t really fail in any of $70 IEM requirements imhoā€¦yes the soundstage isnā€™t wide but the frequencies still manage to be coherent without getting too congested and always enjoyable :+1:

2 Likes

After about 24 hours of break in, itā€™s sounding as if the treble is tamed a bit. These are sounding really good now. DAMN! The mids donā€™t sound as buried now either. Bass is still very strong and solid. Idā€™ be very happy if they stay sounding just like what Iā€™m hearing right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like a representative of IBasso suggests at least 100 hours of break in for the IT00 because of the stiffness of the driver needing to break in.

I personally have heard a difference in the sound quality of the IT00 after 20+ hours of break in and Iā€™m not a believe in break in, at least not with headphones. Dynamic driver IEMs might be a different story.

IBassoā€¦

ā€œThe IT00 has a very stiff driver. It requires mechanical movement to relax certain areas and this then increases the sound quality but it takes a number of hours for this to occur.ā€

ā€œAt least 100 hours.ā€

If the manufacturer recommends it, Iā€™m just going to do it and not completely judge the product until then.

1 Like

where did you order it from and how long did it take?

Via Amazon UK fulfilled by a third party iBASSO stockiest, 5 days

1 Like

Looks like there are changes to it with burn in. I will burn mine for 100 hours before I listenā€¦hopefully I can hold out until then.

I am unfortunately hearing a channel imbalance this morning. :frowning:

Have you tried them on a different cable?

1 Like

wowā€¦I am also having channel imbalance. The right side is louderā€¦

1 Like