IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Crin streaming live now…Mele, Kato etc :+1:

3 Likes

In the same day I buy my second personal end game IEM (hopefully), my custom job from GS Audio were shipped. Hope you guys enjoy the preview :call_me_hand:

19 Likes

Holy Moly! Those look stunning! You should start a thread about the most beautiful IEMs out there and pin this one at the top! What model is this??? [quietly hoping it’s waaaaay too expensive for his wallet]

drftr

1 Like

Believe it or not… Is this set:

I wanted to do something special as I’m approaching end-game and I’ll just focus on music and my library very soon. GS Audio was a mistery to me until people like Rikudou_Goku started talking about it. Well, time as come and I was about to get it done on GT12, but due to RSV, i decided to turn my curiosity into ST1, as it is also pretty cheap. It’s meant to be more like a work of art and not something I’ll EDC.

Maybe one day I’ll spin it off when I reshell some higher end stuff :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh, details… So I picked a black and gold faceplate with transparent shell, as it is my vibe at moment (RSV, ej07m, Teas). Logo was a 30sec google search to match my avatar :slight_smile:

1 Like

What the heck?! And those other companies are trying to sell us IEMs that are ugly as F for a thousand bucks?? Incredible… They should be banned from doing business for life after seeing what you can do for a few bucks.

drftr

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Truly stunning - tnx for sharing.

All of a sudden I wonder why anyone would buy IEMs for sound quality. Seems to be a distraction :wink:

drftr

2 Likes

Regarding BA drivers controversy there is an interesting discussion on SBAF with measurements and theories about why BAs sounds bad/wrong.

Why balanced armature drivers suck?

5 Likes

Hmm… came across these while browsing linsoul.

Anyone know much about em?

1 Like

Totally off-topic and therefore very interesting is the following link about music tattoos. Didn’t read a word but there’s some nice examples. I especially liked the guitar lady.

drftr

1 Like

3 Likes

That looks incredible, the Thomas and Guy-man icons are so clean/sharp. Congrats!

1 Like

Fearless Barcelona - ''The Barcelona also features a custom mid and high frequency balanced armature that was produced through collaboration between Sonion and Colorful World manufacturers. This special 2300 series driver produces extremely precise mid and high frequency details, and has been tuned for an accurate and well-balanced signature.

The Barcelona is a 2 hybrid driver IEM with a 2 way crossover. Its sound signature can be characterized as balanced, with emphasis on a powerful bass, lush and warm mids, and comfortable and natural highs.’’ Interesting. Very interesting! Is there a graphic?

2 Likes

:pray: :pray: :pray: thanks! I’m really happy and anxious to get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the driver type discussion:

drftr

1 Like

Hot damn! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Planar hype train coming through choo choo. If they can do a Timeless in the size of an IE900 shell with western QC I’ll board the train again.

This one?

drftr

What do we all think of this? Seems a bit alarmist and over-the-top to me.

This really isn’t anything new and has been a concern ever since inears started to get popular, as more and more people get things that go deeper into your ear, it can be a real risk, although if you clean your ears properly once in awhile it shouldn’t be a big problem. Same thing with the whole potential hearing loss with higher volumes, if you learn to properly control volume it’s a manageable risk

6 Likes