IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I call it like I see it, brother. No blowing smoke up your ass, all truth. And I appreciate your words, man, thank you!

2 Likes

@GooberBM I’m interested to see how your Olina/Vortex comparison stacks up to mine!

2 Likes

Timmy’s put up the graph for Galileo

Thank goodness your shells are pretty, at least

4 Likes

Just a quick question to start my research. I got a bit into the IEM thing lately. I got the Olina, which is pretty nice. I found a Mangird Tea locally and bought it 2 months ago. Im very pleased by it, its such a good set.
A friend got the Ikko OH10 and i got a chance to test it and i think it was super fun sounding. I will get it for more testing soon. Im in for an IEM with a really fun signature like the OH10. I just wanted to know, which other options are there beside the OH10. Priceranges…up to 250€ would be interesting for now…but im open to go a bit higher. Maybe i should just get the OH10, but they are very heavy. Im open for suggestions up to 500€ …Just want an compliment to my teas…

1 Like

Is this combo of graphs chosen for comparison by Timmy (suggesting the target price) or by you selecting particular IEMs in his squigg?

It’s me just noting how reiterative the tuning is/me hoping to goodness Letshouer isn’t trying to price gouge on this

OH10 is a perfectly fine option, but if you don’t care how ugly the IEM shell is and want to save a buck, you and I should have a conversation…

Oh my goodness it was so hard to find! Point clearly made…

It’s SO copy/paste, why would you even, in 2023?

1 Like

Where is the Galileo :face_with_monocle:

Let’s just hope it’s cheap…

to be fair its a timmy collab so its not surprising it hits his target. It would be weird for him to drop a collab that is not hitting his target. Having said that, its a FR thats been done to death which is unfortunate.

1 Like

It looks an awful lot like a Kinda Lava or Hexa with a dropoff post ~12khz

Not bad if it comes in on a budget!

1 Like

It kinda rubs me the wrong way knowing they probably could’ve tuned the last bit of treble air better… another retune here we come :roll_eyes:

Hard to say; a retune may be entirely dependent on how well Galileo sells in the first place.

It’ll probably sell well if it’s price under $100, and depending on the drivers used. I guess the treble drop off really confuses me.

Let’s hope it’s just a measurement thing not being accurate past 10K :wink:

2 Likes

It does seem really odd given how smooth the rest of the FR is, and that we know Letshuoer can tune air frequencies. Guess we’ll see how much lack there actually is once the reviews come in, especially given how poorly things measure at that point.

1 Like

If I were to guess they probably did so to not cannibalize the 07M. I mean I aint complaining if it’s under $50

sure hope so…thats bl-03 level otherwise.

1 Like

Yikers :grimacing: Hope Timmy and letshuoer pulls thru

1 Like

I know it is exactly what he would tune for. But I have anti-hype for more neutral-Harmanish tunings

1 Like

1 DD + 1 full range Sonion BA. May be over 100$ in my opinion

3 Likes