IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I have not! I’m not a solo show goer and no one I know likes Paramore unfortunately. I bet it’s magical

The mids and vocals are too recessed for me. Bass and stage is good tho. And ya please don’t remind me :smiling_face_with_tear: God gave me small ear holes LOL

@domq422 Never too old for SpongeBob :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Have you tried Qian39 shell?

Nope. Are they better?

They are a LOT smaller.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: If there’s a well tuned bud with it I’ll add it to my list

I don’t dislike forward mids but Grand Rider does deep soundstage so well that I’m okay with how far back the mids and vocals. The separation and layering ability are top notch and on display for me

1 Like

You can try the Qian39:

If that works for you, then stay tuned for my Gen 3 series. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh no, I mean the Khan LOL, sorry. GR vocals and staging is really really good to my ears :+1:

1 Like

Excited :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Interesting …. MX500 shells are okay, but they do cause discomfort for my Pinna after a while.

quietly waiting for a Gen 3 shell Grand Lancer :eyes:

3 Likes

same for me. :sob:
(after like 1-2 hours.)

1 Like

I have exact same problem with MX500, therefore in general I try to avoid them (also cannot lay on the side of my head with them), but Qian39 fits me almost perfectly.
Just the stem being not symmetrical would make it even better to not collide with my tragus.

Bell shapes when low profile (like LBBS or Bell from TGX based on VE Sun Copper) are also quite nice in terms of fit and comfort

It’s okay, I have large outer ears and puny baby canals, so I thought the MX500 shells would of been more than fine - sadly, only 45 minutes into listening, I just have to take them out :confused:

So uhhhh - Grand Lancer anywhere in the pipeline orrrr? Because genuinely if not, I may need to just buy a pair of Lancers off you next month when i get my office/desk space back.

2 Likes

opposite of my ears. :rofl:

3? I am at VERY early stages of R&D, so I cant say what will be out first, but im at least pretty sure it wont be grand models at least.

1 Like

I am not the most well versed when it comes to buds, Riku helps me more than he knows.

So far I’ve tried MX500, Val39 and whatever NiceHCK uses for the EB2S buds. I find the NiceHCKs to be the most comfortable for me. Are those considered Bell style shells?

My man Dom deserves a Grand Lancer he can live with. I’m all for beating the drum until this happens!

Do it for Dom!!! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

That’s absolutely fair. I’ll look out for the Grand line-up announcements in the future then. The lancers are quite the achievement. Really, for my HRTF they are perfectly balanced, nearly perfect for every aspect for
my library. I don’t see my self needing much more than them in terms of buds but if the hypothetical Grand Lancer can achieve the same balance with added comfort + some kind of improvement somewhere (although from memory, I’m having a hard time remembering where they could be improved) then I am all in.

Dont expect THAT much of a sound improvement though, since a smaller shell like the qian39 will be more acoustically limited compared to the bigger MX500.

1 Like

Interesting - well, I’m still eager to find out. To me, it genuinely doesn’t make that much of a difference. Like I said, the lancers being only $50, I can stop right there when it comes to buds. Just that old feeling of G.A.S. takes over every now and again. Thanks, brother :sunglasses:

4 Likes