IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

My wife has hearing loss in some frequencies that aren’t even between her left and right.
Not quite the same, but causes some weird balance issues for her.

trollpog
Why do I see a troll pogging?

IEM…Left and right sweep 'n Bass check…
You jamming?..yes then your set’s gtg :rocket::smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys, just a quick budget recommendation: the QKZ ZXD for $16.50.

Pleasant V-shape with bloated but not overwhelming bass, but hey for the price very well tuned.

The CRA is still the champion in this price range and it will be for a long time I’d predict.

5 Likes

Looking for suggestions for a simple dongle dac with a BIT of power, but low drain on my old LG 5 phone and tablet battery. Apple dongle too weak for my KSC 75. Ave bass ok but like detail and female vocals, acoustic, orchestral. Considering Olina maybe. Price
arouund $50 but def. less than $100. Little iem experience so far, lol. Thanks

Other than an Apple dongle, Qudelix5k is the way to go. Seems like it is currently sold out, but hopefully will be available again soon.

1 Like

Thanks, will give that a look. Others’ suggestions welcome too.

I have Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. I has a little bit more power than Apple dongle and works on phone or laptop.

3 Likes

Anyone here have the Heart Mirror? Would you recommend an upgrade to O2/Olina?

I have the H Mirror and it’s an odd one for me, I wouldn’t be able to describe it. But I have only owned a few iems(GD3A, T2, bunch of KZs). I like them and the ‘airyness’ of it and not sure how to compare it so wondering if something like the O2 is similar, specially in the treble.

Yes, I just sold my HM but I know it well.

I’d recomend Titan S or Olina. Olina is better but Titan has less bass, so that would bring it closer to HM.

Both have better treble. Not as harsh and peaky, but detailed and airy.

2 Likes

Thank you Nymz, I will try the Olina :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problema!

Good choice, bang for buck!

1 Like

When XINHS decided to enter the earphone game, two main goals where established;
Firstly deliver an exceptional sound experience, and
Secondly provide a well engineered product with a competitive price.

Features:

-The XINHS Erasmus features a Triple Driver Configuration, a powerful 8mm Dynamic Driver for the low frequencies, coupled with Dual BA Unit from Knowles.

-Specially Designed Resin Shell with dual independent sound channels for the DD and BA drivers.

-High-Purity Cable with 0.78mm 2-pin Connectors.

Erasmus has been designed with sheer dedication and carefull craftsmanship to achieve high-quality performance and great looks.
It adopts a triple driver configuration that although not a novelty, will amaze by the clarity, the dynamics, the coherency and sheer engagement of the reproduced sound.
The professionally calculated frequency division ensures the drivers connect smoothly and provide their peak performance at all times.

Users will get nothing else but flagship-grade quality performance with the XINHS Erasmus

Finally the XINHS Erasmus craftsmanship has been carefully considered, providing an earphone that will fit extremely well, have excellent noise isolation, all the while with the looks and appearance of a premium quality products.

10 Likes
9 Likes

The Dunu Titan S is a superb IEM and a new benchmark in the $75–100 range. While the Moondrop Aria remains a more universally inoffensive option in terms of its tuning, the Titan S is a much more exciting listen.

My full review, with measurements and additional images, is up on my blog:

7 Likes

Sorry, seems I never answered for some reason. Creative Sound BlasterX G6 gives me hiss at the moment, but it’s not the only source I encountered so far giving me hiss. The KZ/CCA IEMs I own are all very sensitive and good for testing hiss on sources.

1 Like

I just ordered myself a QoA Vesper in Venetian Red because, boy, does it look good!

Anybody here compared these with the HBB Mele? I’m curious to see if they’re similar or completely different.

More bass bleed, less upper mids, looks like it’s going to be a warm set

2 Likes

Warm indeed, i think i’ll like it a lot

Let us know. It does look gorgeous in red