IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Is the Timeless worth the jump from the S12? I’ve heard it’s got better detail retrieval and that’s important to me, but if it’s not like a big step down in resolution I might just go for the S12

Thanks! Seems like the 500 mesh is the way to go. Any idea on what the sizing for the tanya filter is?

No, it’s not huge.

S12 has better stage, Timeless as slightly better detail. For the price, S12 takes the crown.

3 Likes

@nymz Would you say S12 is better than the Kato when it comes to just general enjoyment?
Edit: just checked your spreadsheet and seen you have the Olina over all the above, is it really that good?

3 Likes

I believe the Tanchjim filters are 4.8mm. that’s bigger than usual. You might want to go with 4.2mm if you want it to fit as many iem as you can.

I ordered one. Delivery goes out on friday.

1 Like

Ok, me too now. They were compared to Orioluses I always wished I had, so that got me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both the Timeless and S12 had a spike at 8k, but the one on the 7Hz Timeless was a few db lower. I assume that is a property of that driver, since I think they used similar if not identical drivers.

I very much agree with this, but I rarely crank anything up.

I agree with @nymz, S12 has bettter stage, and Timeless is just a bit better on the sound texture or detail. I like and own both, but the S12 gets more listening time by a wide margin.

1 Like

I do prefer Olina to any of those, yes :slight_smile: Especially with the double filter mod.

2 Likes

Never listened to an Oriolus. Is this XINHS set a budget Traili?

Oh, great songs tho :joy: If you want to listen out of the box then probably go for the Hana since stock Olina is more sibilant.

Glad I could help :sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree with nymz. I prefer the Olina to both the Timeless and S12. I don’t like planar timbre so I might be bias :man_shrugging: If you want something bright then Stock Olina; it has similar levels of details but with better staging/imaging.

I would not go into such assumptions. The original poster on my forum called them as IEMs with beautiful mids, relaxed signature and nice bass. I asked if this reminds Oriolus Mk2/Reborn as the description fits and that was confirmed and that is it in terms of connection between xinhs and aoriolus :smiley:
Now I think that the description fits to Tea ad well :slight_smile:

Can I ask what you prefer on the Olina compared to the Timeless? I have the Timeless in my cart after listening to some Dan’s Audio demos but I’m hesitant after seeing this and Michael Bruce saying the Olina redefines the price bracket lol

Anything but detail :stuck_out_tongue:

The new killer looking Olina will be out very shortly FYI

1 Like

Olina
S12
Dioko

I went with the Timeless just because I like extra detail lol

2 Likes

I love the Timeless.

1 Like

Thieaudio Elixir