IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

4.4mm and 150€? Interested.

Also fiio is releasing 2 sources on the 29th

1 Like

Ooo $150? That’s very very interesting.

1 Like

Xinhs Akros Erasmus… What a beautiful set with an amazingly relaxed tuning. Tony really outdid himself with this collaboration…a set with these qualities at this price point is simply unheard of. It’s an easy rec for me.

10 Likes

What is the price point? I just searched for these and the only thing that comes up is some first impressions articles and posts. Not finding a place to buy it.

You have to contact akros directly to buy it. The man seems “a little” picky with QC, so he tests each and every set he sells.

For price point, I don’t remember.

1 Like

How does one contact akros? I searched for them too and only see a Twitter account that mostly seems to retweet other IEM companies

What do you guys think about diminishing returns in IEM’s? Like on an objective scale (not personal preference), how much better do 500-1k USD IEM’s sound in comparison to the value kings like 7Hz Timeless, Shuoer S12 etc. ?

I paid $125 I believe but the price changes a little because he lives in Portugal and currency fluctuates with the dollar…and yes he tests and graphs every single unit himself to make sure you are getting a quality set… This set could easily be sold for 3x the price and it would still be a great deal… That is how good I think it is.

About 10-15% better… Not really that much to be totally honest.

2 Likes

There are many sets in the 1k and even higher that sound worse than the timeless and s12 but if you took the leader in the 1k sector and placed it against the timeless or s12 I’d say it’s probably only about 10-15% better. You are paying premium pricing for those last percentages of refinement.

2 Likes

Where did you buy those IEM’s?

From Tony his nickname is Akros… He sells them directly. Go on YouTube and look for the review video made by a YouTuber named Paul wasabii

1 Like

Thanks, I will have a look!

@captainhook You can message him here as @Tonytex_Teixeira! If he doesn’t reply, give me a ping and I’ll nudge him for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s AKROS btw, and he has a YouTube review channel

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I’ll have a look at his channel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah sorry I misspelled it.
I went back and corrected it.
Thanks for catching my error.
Tony is a great guy and it was a pleasure doing business with him.

1 Like

I’m also on a search for an interesting all BA set on a budget. Unfortunately, very little is praised at that price point.

What I currently found interesting:
Magaosi K5
Audiosense DT200
Thieaudio Voyager 3

1 Like

You and @domq422 may want to search through AKROS channel - he’s reviewed quite a few all BA IEMs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9wCO89mQNW2WFeWLT5_68A.
Examples:
KZ AS16PRO - best budget all BA set!!!! - YouTube
AudioSense vs AüR Audio vs GS Audio - All out BA War - YouTube
Audiosense DT200 - Suave suave - YouTube
Audiosense DT600 - where have you been all this time!? - YouTube
You can also message him and ask if he has reviewed or heard a specific IEM! He’s really helpful

2 Likes

This guy has reviewed everything! :sweat_smile: thanks for the suggestion, I definitely subbed.

1 Like